Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by sundaybloodysunday
    Translation,,,"Don't ever believe anything I post, none of it is worth reading, and i'm here just to make you my bitch"(
    Nice first post because you are correct, except one part -- it's not "I'm here just to make you my bitch" with this guy, it's more like "I'm here to be an asshole in front of all of you." Mission accomplished.

"ai" sucks. It is a glorified version of the Gong Show, except the Gong Show was funny.

But my major problem with this "talent contest" is in the name itself. Promoting teen singers as "Idols" is just wrong in my opinion. I don't think anyone or anything should be labeled "Idol". Call me a 40-ish old guy but I also think this kind of thinking contributes to the erosion of our society. And boy, has it eroded. This and other trash TV. Did you know that in the last presidential election more people "voted" for an "ai" contestant than for president? That's pathetic.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Did you know that in the last presidential election more people "voted" for an "ai" contestant than for president? That's pathetic.
    Its sad indeed. I guess if they lowered the voting age to 12 and allowed voters to text in their choices, there would be a larger "turnout".

Hey, we have become our parents in thinking that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Its sad indeed. I guess if they lowered the voting age to 12 and allowed voters to text in their choices, there would be a larger "turnout".
    Low turnout is not necessarily a bad thing with the brain dead morons that represent the electorate. I can't tell you how many people I've run into who still think Obama is a Muslim or who are only voting for Hillary because "it's about time we had a woman president".

Or those vast amounts of women who voted for O'Malley because "he's cute". How are those taxes??

Or those vast amounts of women who voted for O'Malley because "he's cute". How are those taxes??
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Low turnout is not necessarily a bad thing with the brain dead morons that represent the electorate.
    I hope you're watching the John Adams mini series on HBO because he and our other founding fathers thought the same thing -- but not as blunt as you! ;)

Thumbs down Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I can't tell you how many people I've run into who still think Obama is a Muslim.
    So, Losac, how do you know that he's not? Because his handlers and the liberal media spin a different story?

Sorry, but he was brought up in a Muslim-atheist household, attended schools in Indonesia that were predominently populated by Muslims, and Muslims flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and are beheading innocent Americans. Connect the dots -- you really want someone like this in the White House? There's obviously no way to tell if Obama is part of a sleeper cell or not, but there is a much greater probablity, given his Muslim-atheist background, that he is part of a sleeper cell than you or I.

I wouldn't vote for this guy if he were the 2nd coming of Ronald Reagan, much less being the extreme left-winger that he is!

btw: It's fucking amazing that it's taboo for the liberal media to state his middle name: Hussein.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by JimBone View Post

Reality TV is will be the fall of Western Civilization.
    Right on both parts.

These supposed real shows are just T.V. people acknowledging the fact that the majority of Americans want to be spoon fed their information and talked to like they are that kid from woodshop class who used to lick the belt sander. None of these shows are real, they are staged, contrived, forced, re-shot, edited, cleaned up etc. etc. etc. If you want true reality T.V. break the screen from your set, stick the frame on your living room window, and watch till your hearts content. Other than that, don't kid yourself into thinking that 'REALITY TV' has anything to do with reality.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    So, Losac, how do you know that he's not? Because his handlers and the liberal media spin a different story?

Sorry, but he was brought up in a Muslim-atheist household, attended schools in Indonesia that were predominently populated by Muslims, and Muslims flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and are beheading innocent Americans. Connect the dots -- you really want someone like this in the White House? There's obviously no way to tell if Obama is part of a sleeper cell or not, but there is a much greater probablity, given his Muslim-atheist background, that he is part of a sleeper cell than you or I.

I wouldn't vote for this guy if he were the 2nd coming of Ronald Reagan, much less being the extreme left-winger that he is!

btw: It's fucking amazing that it's taboo for the liberal media to state his middle name: Hussein.
    Believe me, I am no Obama supporter. I am a Reagan conservative and cringe at the thought of Obama being President.

With that said, you're thoughts about Obama and his religion are way off base. Yes, Obama attended two years at a madras in Jakarta .... but he also spent two years at a Catholic School before moving back to the states and finally going to public school. His father was a radical but his mother and him quickly divorced and he grew up mainly in an atheist / muslim house ever since. He has also been a member of that f---ed up church, with Rev Wright at the helm, since the late 80's -- The United Church of Christ. He was never sworn in on the Koran as some on the right have suggested as well -- in both his swearing in to the IL legislature and to the US Senate, he indeed used a Bible.

Islam, by and large, is a peaceful religion. The Wahabi brand is a small sect, but weld so much violence and pressure, you'd never know it was otherwise.

Im sorry, but to say Obama is some wahabiest / terrorist simply because he spent two years a Jakarta madras is a poor representation and doesnt help any political debate. That's pretty biased of you to make that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

:grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac:

"Quote"...I wouldn't vote for this guy if he were the 2nd coming of Ronald Reagan, much less being the extreme left-winger that he is!
    Thank God he is NOT the second coming of Ronnie Raygun. He's (Ronnie) the one who interceded on Sadaam's behalf when the rest of the world(UN) wanted to sanction him for gassing the Kurds, and provided him with money to build up his army... at the same time Russ Fat Limbaugh was chastizing the "liberal" media for condemning Sadaam for "gassing a few Kurds".. Liberal Hate speak, he called it... But 10 years later, it was one of the reasons we invaded Iraq... go figure...:grbac: :grbac: :grbac:
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 03-31-2008 at 04:36 PM.