Rick Neuheisel Our Next OC?

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports...lick_rick.html

Looks like Billick is making a slow transition to this for next season. Rick apparently has added some plays to our offense over the past couple of games.

Thoughts?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Rick Neuheisel Our Next OC?

There is no basis in fact in that blog whatsoever. If true, fine, but I'd rather keep it as is.

Sephy's right.
    Like the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". That's cool if Neuheisel is throwing some new ideas into the mix, but BB is undefeated since calling the plays.
    Preston's blog does start with "I think..." so take it for what it is.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I personally think that it would be an absolute mistake to have anyone Other than BB be OC next year, and for years to come. He has demonstrated an innate ability to establish an effective 'smash mouth' style of play, by mixing in the right blend of pass plays which complements the strengths of his personnel, i.e. QB, receivers, and O-line. He also has demonstrated that innate 'sense' to establish an Offensive 'rhythm' in the game, which keeps the opposing D guessing. And, he is also a gambler, make no mistake about it. No, if I was Mr. Bisciotti, which I'm not, I would give BB an extension, with the proviso that he remain OC for the length of his contract!

I never said that this was a definite move. I just wondered if Neuheisel's involvement with some of the plays was a precursor to Billick turning the offense over to Rick.

Personally, I agree that if it ain't broke, it shouldn't be fixed. If Parcells can call his own plays, then why can't Billick? Besides, the players may prefer for Billick to remain as OC and HC due to the accessibility of Billick.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

as the majority has stated, leave it alone, only Billick should be the OC, as far as imput goes, fine then that's ok, but down and dirty calling the plays, it's gotta be Billick imho.
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"