Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Name for Ravens Defense

How about the The "DARKSIDE DEFENSE" or just the "DARKSIDE"After all, Chris Collinsworth said we were evil..
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-27-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Re: Name for Ravens Defense

I thought they already had one:

ORGANIZED KAOS!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

3. Re: Name for Ravens Defense

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post

ORGANIZED KAOS!
    I prefer "DARKSIDE DEFENSE" Who came up with that name....isn't Organized Kaos an oxymoron??

Kick ASS

I'm a fan of ORGANIZED KAOS myself.

ORGANIZED KAOS!
    Like the strip club?

ORGANIZED KAOS!
    O.K. for short.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

I thought a few years ago, it should be Ray-Vengeance, but that was when Ray was more dominant. Now it could be "Ravenous D"

I've always been a staunch supporter of the 'Darkside Defense' that's been batted around this season. If there ever was a name for this defense IMO that would be it.

It's intimidating, think about it. I'm sure there are a few 'Star Wars' nuts here right?

Remember how everytime that you would see Darth Vader the music would change to that 'duh-duh-duh-dun-da-dun-dun-da-dun' tune? You just knew that Vader was about to 'get out' on someone or do something eeeeevil!

Whenever the Ravens are on defense, the majority of the time I kinda hold my breath alittle because I know that the 'Darkside Defense' is about to 'get out' on whomever they're playin.

It's more unusual that they DON'T make a play than when they do. You're like, 'what's goin on, they should be kickin the shyt outta whomever they're lined up against'.

In order for the media to acknowledge whatever nickname the defense adopts, it's gonna have to be shown by the fans. What I mean is that whomever is gonna bring signs to the game, I'm talkin BIG signs, that's what it's gotta say.

Something like 'Come to the Darkside Defense' or somethin like that only a little more creative. Come up with a few catchy phrases and put them on signs large enough for the cameras to focus on them whenever they show the fans after a big defensive play and there you have it.

We can also make some suggestions to some of the area writers who are often jacked for whatever perspective that they present about the Ravens.

How about writing Aaron Wilson, arguably one of the best Ravens press reporters in the business? He always seems to have his finger on the pulse of this team.

In fact, I'll bet that if enough people e-mail him asking for suggestions on adopting the 'Darkside Defense' moniker that he'd be able to tell us the best way to go about getting that to take.

Just thinking outside the box. I know that the Ravens 'Darkside Defense' is the only moniker I'll use since I've been using it on and off for a good while now.

Just my opinion.-Pro-

10. Re: Name for Ravens Defense

how about the "HARM CITY D"

Please, we're football fans! no trekky , or ewokie references to our defense, ok? :insane: :hammer:

Does the 2000 D have a name? To me that D was better still and it doesn't need a name, if you're good enough you don't need a gimmick to make people remember you.