We Could Lose Rex Ryan After Season?

I was thinking this on yesterday, and Mike Preston mentioned this in his article. There is no way Rex Ryan does not become a top candidate for a HC job after this season.

The question begs, who is the next guy to lead this high powered defense if/when Ryan leaves after the season. It is a depressing, yet realistic, possibility.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: We Could Lose Rex Ryan After Season?

Gotta hope we go all the way and he doesn't get a shot with someone cause most of the HC jobs are filled...like with Marvin in 2000 (although I didn't really want Marvin back after 2000...Rex I do want back).

- C -

Blog Entries

I think Rex Ryan would be a dark horse candidate. He's only been a DC for two years, and the defense has really stepped into the zone this season.

Remember, Marvin Lewis had the chance to leave after the Super Bowl and didn't. He stayed for a year, then went off to be ANOTHER DC. Rex might also decline a HC gig, at least until he gets some more DC experience under his belt.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It's unfortunate but many NFL organizations steal our personnel. It's the price you pay for running an efficient, quality organization. Cleveland stole Phil Savage, and we have lost so many coaches that I can't name them all.

I imagine that regardless of where the Ravens end up, Rex Ryan will be on many short lists for a head coaching position. I just pray that he doesn't accept one in our division.

Drew asked him about it this morning in his coaches report,and Ryan pretty much said it is every coaches dream to get a HC job in the NFL.

Depending on how we finish out the season,there is a very real possibility that he would be in the running for a HC job in the offseason.I think he is still a year away though in most peoples minds.

The fact that Nolan looks like he has turned things around in SF doesnt help us out either,seems like the coaches that leave here have success wherever they go.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 11-28-2006 at 12:33 PM.

We can't be selfish about this. I would wish Rex the best if he got a job. If the Ravens go to the SB, teams will wait for Rex to become free.

Here are some possible job openings, and there should be a few.

1. Cleveland
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Arizona
    4. NY Giants
    5. Oakland
    6. Tennessee
    7. Atlanta

I would hate to lose Rex to a division rival, but there is no way, with so many possible job openings, that Rex returns after this season, which begs the question.

Who takes over as our DC for next year?

Blog Entries

We could go after an ousted coach. If Crennel is out and doesn't get any HC offers, I'd like for us to bring him in.

Most likely, we'd look to promote from within. Dennis Thurman or Jeff FitzGerald would be the most likely candidates, but for some reason, neither feels right.

College coaches? I know we covet Kirk Ferentz, but I think he'd be looking for a HC gig, or OC, not DC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Steve Mariuchi (sp?) is the name I'm hearing a lot for the Cardinals job. I'm not sure the Cardinals would be interested in Rex, remember we had all three Ryans out here and many people were left with a bad taste when we finally got rid of them all.

Blog Entries

Pete Carroll was also mentioned for the Arizona job. That could be a HUGE move.

Yes, they have mentioned him but mostly I'm hearing about Mooch. It would be just like this dumbshit organization to drag Carroll in. Don't get me wrong, he's a great college coach but I really don't think he's the best fit in the pro game. Of course, with all that's wrong with the Cardinals organization I doubt it matters who they bring it failure will soon follow. What a waste of tax dollars and a new stadium on that bunch.

What about luring Donnie Henderson here as our DC? It seems that our DC position is an excellent precursor to a HC job, whereas Henderson would never get that chance as long as he's the DC of the Lions.

That is the move I would make, and I think Donnie Henderson would come back here as our DC. We could add a title such as Assist. HC.

As for Rex Ryan, I think the perfect job for him is the Giants. I would hate for Rex to go to Cleveland or the Steelgirls.

Ryan would be a good fit in Atlanta imho, or Tennessee should they decide to act....

on too Carroll, it's 1 thing to have failed once in the NFL, but he has failed twice, 1st with the Jets, then the Pats, his claim to fame in the NFL was as a DC himself with the 49ers, also, at USC he has all the perks, salary, status and glory with turning around their program, I highly doubt he leaves USC unless it's a perfect fit sort of say, and if he decides too, I don't look for much honestly from him in the NFL
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"