The last time we played a Thursday night game

......we got blownout by KC 35-8 in '99 (Billick's first years as HC). History does not want to repeat itself again in '06. We are a better team than '99.

Re: The last time we played a Thursday night game

This should be a barn-burner. The Bengals have righted their ship, and they absolutely must have a win in this game to keep their playoff hopes alive. They lose next week, their season's about over.

We of course want to win out to lock up a first round bye (although Oakland is helping us out right now).

- C -

I was at that game--it was a bachelor party for a friend--my first and only bachelor party

4. Re: The last time we played a Thursday night game

I was at that game, too. Lost in the blowout was one of the hardest hits Ray Lewis has ever delivered.

& Ray delivered the hit on Bam Morris, early in the game before we got blown out. That was the last game I took my ex-wife to before the end of that mess!

As I have been saying, put the pedal to the metal, don't look back & don't worry about what everyone else is doing, just play your schedule & as long as we win out, we don't have to worry about what the Colts or anyone else is doing.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

This is going to be a hard game for both teams. The Bengals no that this could be the end for them so they will be playing crazy. If the Ravens come out like they did against the Steelers it won't matter.

GO RAVENS

7. Exclamation Ravens vs. Bengals: I'm a little worried.....

that Carson Palmer may get his head aqainted with his A_Sand have to go to the hospital in Thursday's game ....Then we'll have to face Anthony Wright
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-28-2006 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshon View Post
    ......we got blownout by KC 35-8 in '99 (Billick's first years as HC). History does not want to repeat itself again in '06. We are a better team than '99.
    Gee, ya think?

That game was quarterbacked (and I use that term as loosely as possible) by Stoney Case. It was the worst display by a Raven QB EVER. Not even Chris Redman vs. St. Louis was that bad.

EDIT: I really hate Thursday night games. I think they really put a lot of pressure on teams, who have to completely screw up their routines.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

That game is the reason why I can not drink blackberry brandy anymore. Don't ask . . . . it was ugly :bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Gee, ya think?

That game was quarterbacked (and I use that term as loosely as possible) by Stoney Case. .
    And, for the Chiefs.........Elvis Grbac!! :grbac:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

All kidding aside, this game is a toss-up. Both teams coming off blowout wins and having to play on 3 days rest.

Unfortunately, we had to play at home against a physical Steeler team (although they weren't all that physical Sunday) then travel to Cincinatti. Cincinatti played the hapless no-talent Cleveland Browns right down the road from them (not literally, but they stayed "local") then get to host the Ravens at home.

This particular game I do not like our odds.

Re: Ravens vs. Bengals: I'm a little worried.....

I guess we are supposed to be scared. We are 3 point underdogs :insane:

I thought it was funny today when I heard on the radio that the Ravens had their 2nd shutout of the year this past Sunday while the Bengals had their first shutout this past Sunday in 17 years