Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: I thoguht 'd start a Matt Ryan Thread

We don't need a QB, we need an offensive line that actually does its job and protects the QB consistently, whoever he is.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    We don't need a QB, we need an offensive line that actually does its job and protects the QB consistently, whoever he is.
    Great. In what round we will have to pick an Offensive Line so that he can come in and block the NYG 4 man rush from day 1... oh yeah it's 5 guys plus depth that grow together to get good... oh ok that's what i thought. It's a good thing Ozzie Newsome is the one running this team cause guess what. 3 years ago, he traded up into the second round for JO's successor. And that smae year, he also drafted a 4 year starting C out of UNC. The next year he drafted a REALLY athletic C project out of OK. To top it off, last year he went and outdid himself. In the first round, he drafted one of hte better draft prospects of recent memory. Later on, he traded back up into day one for a well schooled, tough nosed, bring your lunchpail G/TA tweener that's too "short" to Play RT in the NFL, thoughJason Taylor made a case. A coupoel months later he also snagged some "high ceiling" local lazy kid that needs a fire under his but.

So who, knows, maybe we already have a great line, we just don't know it.

BUt since they don't do their jobs, who sucks and needs to be replaced, and in what round will his day 1 improvement come?

It's not an either / or proposition ...

we need both depth at QB AND a better OL.

Look, this class of QB's does not compare to the last 2 or three years. In 07 Ryan would have fallen behind J Russel and Brady Quinn. In 06 he would have fallen behind Vince young and Jay Cutler. My point is he is not worth the 8th pick. There are however other players who meet our needs and are deemed worthy by the so called experts. Lets not sell ourselves short because we want a QB so bad we settle for something less while forgoing something immediately fruitful
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Most experts, like Aaron Wilson think that if Matt Ryan is available at 8, he will be a Raven. I also really like Joe Flacco, but his popularity is moving up and he probably won't be there at 38. The Ravens may be in a situation that if they don't move back and don't take a QB at 8, and don't move up in the second round, then all of the high ranking QBs would be taken. It is a delicate situation and nobody will really know what the Ravens will do until the first 7 picks pan out.

Atlanta at 32 will likely snag one of the top 3-4 QB's

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Atlanta at 32 will likely snag one of the top 3-4 QB's
    What are you talking about...They have the mighty Chris Redman!!!! :respect
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens