T, I think you were wrong about McNair being an unecesary panic move and him being washed up.
Before the bye, he basically sucked. He's had a hot hand since the bye week and the OL has provided the best QB protection we've seen in Baltimore since 1996. Also, his seemingly weak arm has come alive again (I read somewhere that he may have been overworked in the preseason). So, for going on half a season, yes I will admit to be pleasantly surprised. (Although the way the OL is playing now, it could be that any average QB could direct traffic equally successfully).

In the long run, the jury is still out on whether the $33 million was a mistake or just the cost of doing business. Despite the improvement, he's still only the 18th rated QB in the NFL. He's playing perfect Dilferball: not losing games. Is that worth $33 million? Maybe it is, if making few mistakes is the piece of the winning formula of a serious playoff contender. If we have to let Adalius Thomas go because our FO destroyed the cap space in order to fund McNair, I would tend to still think it was a mistake.