Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone Want To Admit They Were Wrong About Something?

I saw this on another board (I believe in giving credit where credit is due) and I think it is worth asking here.

Is there anyone that want to write an apology about something they predicted about our Ravens before the season started.

I will go first:

To Ray Lewis,

I said that you were washed up and were no longer the heart and soul of our defense. I wanted to ship your butt off to the Dolphins or to any team that would give us a 1st or 2nd rounder. I did not think you were interested in being here, but you showed that while you are not player you once were, you are still one of the best LBs in football.

To Billick,

I was not a huge fan of yours, but you have shown that you are still a great motivator. You also showed that you are an offensive guru, but I don't think no other person can call your offense expect for you. Billick, you deserve a three year extension.

To Jamal,

I still don't think you are the RB you once were, but you have shown to be better than what you shown earlier in the season. You are showing that as the OL has stepped up their run blocking, and now that you once again have a very good FB, you are still a RB that teams have to gameplan for.

To BJ Sams,

You could still use to break away speed, but you showed me that you can get us some decent field position.

To the Ravens,

I had you guys finishing at 8-8, but clearly you are better than that.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Anyone Want To Admit They Were Wrong About Something?

Nope, I knew we would be good :D

I had predicted 11-5. I am sorry I thought so lowly of them.

I didn't think Mughelli was worth a roster spot. Oops. Way to prove me wrong.

I want to see a lot of Ray, Billick and Ozzie apologies on this thread.

5. Re: Anyone Want To Admit They Were Wrong About Something?

I said that our OFFENSE was sorry......But that was before Brian Billick took over for Fassel....So I am not saying sorry for anything!!!
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.

I'm with Tspot. My only complaint has been the offensive system.

Heck even our formerly "very offensive" line has seen marked improvement.

EDIT: I have called Jamal a tap-dancing bear, and wanted to see more of Musa. Jamal has been a beast the last two weeks. So I guess I'm sorry Jamal.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I predicted 8-8 if Jamal got under 1,000 yards, 10-6 if better.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I was one who wanted both Lewis' gone. I didn't doubt Ray's ability as much as his attitude and since we have been spared a long losing streak this season and he got all his complaints addressed to his satisfaction he has not bailed on the team. For that I guess I owe him an apology.
    As far as Jamal, two or three good games has not made me reconsider.. [B]yet[B]; however, should he continue in the same vein as the past couple of weeks.. I'll reconsider.
    I also complained about the OL but since they are playing a few of the young guys, I won't apologize because that is where the improvement has originated IMO.
    Billick, I'm not sure if I complained about him or not. I think I mostly had written him off as a lame duck. Looks like I had that one wrong, I don't see anyway he can be let go now unless we totally tank the rest of the season which isn't about to happen.

I'll tack onto the Billick apologies. I thought our lack of offense over the last 7 years was tied to Billick. But I can't see anything that says the system hasn't changed since Billick took over playcalling duties.

Billick put the pressure of the entire franchise and heaved it onto his own shoulders. And the players as a team obviously responded in a big way.

Don't feel like you were wrong about Ray this summer, Sting?

T, I think you were wrong about McNair being an unecesary panic move and him being washed up.

I love both of you guys, but you were both off in these cases.

The boards were ridiculous in the off season. Where would we be without Billick, Jamal, and Ray Lewis. Chalk it up to opinion and move on.

Don't feel like you were wrong about Ray this summer, Sting?
    Not at all. Ray ran his mouth. Ray was wrong for his offseason crap. That doesn't change. I never said he was washed up.

And I love ya too GW, but I'll thank you not to call me out like that.