Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dan Cody Out For The Year

According to Amber Theoharris on MASN post game.

I guess this means we must bring back AD for one more season.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Dan Cody Out For The Year

Why what????
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Torn PCL.

Casey is still at the Stadium and I'm trying to get him to get the "official" word for you all.

If it is indeed a torn PCL, that's a nasty injury. A lot of docs don't like operating on a torn PCL...but for athletes it's almost a necessity. It's a 10-12month recovery period WITH surgery...sometimes less WITHOUT...but knee
    stability is an issue for those who elect to NOT have it repaired with surgery.

As soon as I hear from Casey, I'll re-post.

DF

Quote Originally Posted by df1570 View Post
    Casey is still at the Stadium and I'm trying to get him to get the "official" word for you all.

If it is indeed a torn PCL, that's a nasty injury. A lot of docs don't like operating on a torn PCL...but for athletes it's almost a necessity. It's a 10-12month recovery period WITH surgery...sometimes less WITHOUT...but knee
    stability is an issue for those who elect to NOT have it repaired with surgery.

As soon as I hear from Casey, I'll re-post.

DF
    Thanks a lot. I am hoping it is not as bad.

6. Unhappy This is so sad

This guy has got a motor....He has had bad breaks ever since coming into the NFL..He is such a down to eart kid...He's had some hard luck with his parents dying:( (I believe it was his parents..please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Now the story on the Sun's website, by David Gingsburg of the AP, says knee strain. If it's worse, couldn't those idiots at the Sun update it??!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

According to Aaron Wilson, Cody tore his PCL and will not get surgery, and Cody hopes to be back in a couple of weeks. As for now, Cody is not out for the year. Looks as if that announcement was premature.

Saw this on Yahoo.."Ravens LB Dan Cody left in the first quarter with a knee strain"

The kid has no luck.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

So, am I to understand then that if Cody is not going to have surgery for this and if DF is correct about the stability issue we can expect him to spend a lot of time injured in the future? Are these decisions (surgery or no surgery) left up to the player or does the team have a say?
    It would seem to make more sense to me to IR him for the year and have it fixed right, no???

One of the medical options is to hope for a decent enough recovery without surgery to be eligible for the playoffs AND have surgery post season.

Surgery could wait as there's less of a chance aggravating it further unlike the ACL injury.

I tore my PCL a few years ago in a fall, and did not need surgery -- as my orthopedic doctor told me, "If you're going to tear a knee ligament, this is the one to tear, because it frequently does not require surgery." I needed a couple of months of physical therapy, and it was as good as new.

But of course, I wasn't and aren't and will never be a pro football player, so the rehab for Cody could be more intensive and the recovery could be longer, but it doesn't sound to me like an injury that would threaten his career.