Thread: JJ the new AD?

Blog Entries

JJ the new AD?

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...94173eb1177077

It sounds like they're prepping for AD to leave when his contract is up. I'll take a wait and see approach on this though...JJ is a good DE, but LB might take awhile to get down pat.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: JJ the new AD?

Letting AD go is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    Letting AD go is a mistake.
    Its not that they want to give AD up, it just not may be financially possible to keep him. A team like San Francisco that has a much bigger need for someone like AD can offer him a lot more money than us. That is just life under the salary cap. You have to restock through the draft with players like Dan Cody.

Another thing to consider, is that while AD is good now the contract he gets might be an albatross in its later years. This will be his last chance at a huge payday. People are getting on Ray (who in his prime was much better than AD) for declining performance and a large cap number. It could potentially be much worse with Adalius.

We thought we would lose AD once and we managed to re-sign him at a good price, maybe lightning will strike twice? If not at least we got him for his best years.

I thought for sure he is gone after this year. But people like Aaron Wilson say there is a chance AD may stay a Raven. We will have to wait and see.

As far as JJ being AD....... I just cant see it. JJ is a nice player and all, but AD was the lone ranger last year for this defense. I can't imagine the same production from JJ. Now Dan Cody is more of a threat. If Cody has a monster year, AD will wear another team's jersey next year. If Cody has an ok or is lost in the shuffle, they will definately make a ploy to resign him

If the Ravens have a good year, AD might want to stick around. I sure hope he does but nothing's for sure in the salary cap era.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I think AD staying depends on if he's willing to give us a discount or not. We will not have the money to compete with some teams in a bidding war. He's also going to be 30 next year, another thing to keep in mind.

He seems like the type of guy that would give us a chance to keep him for a little less, a la Bart Scott, but this is probably going to be his only chance at a second contract, so I'd imagine he'll go for the money if it's a great offer.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''