Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: MD vs VT

Re: OT: MD vs VT

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    What we really need is for Gary to bring in Buck Williams to coach defense and smart shot taking to our big men.

That cat was one of the greatest Terps ever and he's still young enough to connect with the youngins...
    Ravenous.... I agree with you 100%. Buck would be a great addition to this team.

By the way, I'm surprised you didn't chime in with my last remark about the Lady Terps being good on the eyes..... Toliver, Coleman, Strickland... :p

heh!

2. Re: OT: MD vs VT

Vasquez.
    He shouldn't be the point guard. He is a scorer and that is something that the team lacks. It would make sense to have him with the ball to lead some sets to maximize his ability to score. But, too often he goes one on one. His assist to turnover ratio is 6 to 4. Yes, Grevis can dish the rock and he can also not run offense. It's much easier for him to hoist it and Gist not to when he holds the ball.
    For a team that lacks scorers they have 4 players averaging in double digits.
    Vasquez (17) Gist (15) Osby (11) Hayes (10) Milbourne (8). I think the better way to say it is that you only have a few players who can create their own shot.
    Ball movement is key as well as the play of Landon. He is the "X" factor for the Terps.
    The true concern is bench play. They just aren't very deep. I would hope that Tucker, Bowie, or Walker might step up a bit.

Their still is plenty to play for and they can still end up #rd in the ACC, which considering the roster is tremendous.

Im adopting my second favorite team for this years tourny (since I dont feel the Terps will make it) .... Hook'em Horns!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im adopting my second favorite team for this years tourny (since I dont feel the Terps will make it) .... Hook'em Horns!!!! :D
    I still have hope for the Terps, but the other school I went to after Maryland made the tournament the last two years. Unfortunately we got crushed by UCLA the first year and Georgetown last year but I am holding out hope to be a first round spoiler this year... Go Belmont University!!!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

On the lighter side, one of my co-workers met John Harbaugh and Rex Ryan at a bar before the game. My coworker said John was pretty friendly and talktaive to him, and even chest bumped one of his friends on the way out after he made a crack on John for something. Once again, our new coach = AWESOME.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Ravenous.... I agree with you 100%. Buck would be a great addition to this team.

By the way, I'm surprised you didn't chime in with my last remark about the Lady Terps being good on the eyes..... Toliver, Coleman, Strickland... :p

heh!
    Yeah, the Lady Terps, in addition to being a fantastic basketball team, has more than its fair share of cuties, don't they Beer?

Very unusual for a women's b-ball team...