Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: No QBs in top 20?

Wow, Mel Kiper is adamant Ryan will be long gone by the time the Ravens pick. While that very well may be true, QB's slip all the time. Who thought last year that Brady Quinn would fall past #20? I think there's a chance Ryan is there at 8, and if he is, the Ravens will scoop him up quick.

Re: No QBs in top 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Wow, Mel Kiper is adamant Ryan will be long gone by the time the Ravens pick. While that very well may be true, QB's slip all the time. Who thought last year that Brady Quinn would fall past #20? I think there's a chance Ryan is there at 8, and if he is, the Ravens will scoop him up quick.
    Ryan isn't the Brady Quinn / Aaron Rogers of this draft class, Brohm is. Ryan isn't the one that'll slip down the draft board. I'd love it if he's there for us at #8, but I doubt he will be.

Flacco is the guy I like and he's absolutely flying up the draft boards. Unfortunate, cause I think it means he won't be there for us in the second round. I would absolutely love to pull a trade with Dallas for both their first round picks and nab Flacco with their late first (and a CB with their earlier first...Talib hopefully). I also think it's quite possible that if Flacco has a good combine, he could go as high as #14 to Chicago.

Between Flacco, Brohm, and Henne, I think we'll have a good option in the second round at that position if we want it. I'm not sold on Brohm, but in the second I think he'd be great value. I really like both Flacco and Henne. Woodson needs a dominant combine to work his way back to a high second round grade, but I still like his potential if we could fix his mechanics. With Billick's staff, I didn't think we could. With Harbaugh's, we might be able to, enough that I'd be cool taking Woodson.

- C -