Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WNST: First Ravens Cuts

Tres Moses
    Robin Meadows
    BJ Dean

Shows how much I know as I thought Tres Moses was a sure in to make this team. He looked great in the OTAs, but really disappeared in camps and preseason games. I hope he is placed on PS as he is a speedster WR prospect.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: WNST: First Ravens Cuts

No real suprise there. Are those the only three?

Yea, no surprises there.

There are 2 trim down dates. One gets us into the 60s (I think) and the other puts us at 53. I suspect there are more cuts coming. Anyone who plays OT not named Ogden, Pashos, or Terry should be cut promptly.

No shocker there. In fact, I never heard of Meadows.

Blog Entries

you don't want to be too hasty making cuts. If we cut all Ts now, we might play Pashos or Ogden too long and injure them by accident.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Not much chance of first cuts getting onto the PS, they usually cut those they want on the last day, wait the 24 hours and then try and resign them immediately.

Blog Entries

first cuts sometimes are guys who they want to extend the curtouesy of helping them have a chance at making another roster...cut them now, let them sign somewhere else and have an outside shot at making another team's roster.

Doesn't usually happen though...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    you don't want to be too hasty making cuts. If we cut all Ts now, we might play Pashos or Ogden too long and injure them by accident.
    Correct as terrible as Karaclik (Crotchlicker) and Droege are playing they will be among the last cuts for the sake of resting the starters in the remaining PS games.

This may be an indication that they are planning on signing a guy or two sometime this week. These releases will open up a couple of roster spots allowing them to bring someone else in for a look-see.

Otherwise, there is really no reason to let these guys go now.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I can see the logic behind keeping our reserves for playing time, but come on, these are offensive linemen, if we put the sucky ones in a game, we have to be worried about our QB and RB getting hurt too. Krahalik (sp?) is just terrible. I don't think I've ever seen someone get so consistently beaten over and over again.

If we have an injury at tackle this year, especially right tackle, we better have an emergency phone to someone from another team.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor
    This may be an indication that they are planning on signing a guy or two sometime this week. These releases will open up a couple of roster spots allowing them to bring someone else in for a look-see.

Otherwise, there is really no reason to let these guys go now.
    On the nose numbers guy. Like a punter - or two.