Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Is Steve McNair a TRUE Raven???

I just wonder if Steve thinks of himself as a Titan or a Raven...I know we consider him a TRUE Raven, but does his heart still want to be in Tennessee?? Just thinking out loud.....After we play the Sqweelers this weekend, he'll find out what it means to be a TRUE Raven
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 11-24-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Re: Is Steve McNair a TRUE Raven???

Steve McNair is a true professional, I believe he must feel like a Raven by now!
    After the BS way the Titans treated him at the end of his career with them, I can't imagine "his heart still wanting to be in Tennessee."

Right now, 8-2, top of the AFCN, the Offensive leader of a Ravens' Team with possibly the best team chemistry in franchise history...I'd be shocked if he didn't feel like a true Raven!
    After we play the Sqweelers this weekend, he'll find out what it means to be a TRUE Raven
    Amen to that, bother!

C'mon, Steve, lead us to victory over our most bitter rival, Time to Kick some Squeeler Ass! :ww: :ww:

I just wonder if Steve thinks of himself as a Titan or a Raven
    I don't care what he thinks of himself as long as he keeps winning games.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

"possibly the best team chemistry in franchise history"

I had this same thought today myself.

Don't ever recall the tight bond that This team seems to have in past years, including the Superbowl year.

This team seems to have the perfect mix of personalitys combined with vets and young guns.

Don't know if I'd classify Mcnair as a true Raven, but I think his presence here is more then responsible for the chemistry these guys seem to have.

To me, a true Raven is somebody that has played here for a long time, that has lived through both thick and thin with this organization.

If Mcnair was voted into the hall of fame, I'd have to believe he'd go in as a Titan.

That doesn't mean his heart and soul isn't 100% into the team he plays for now though.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I think probably in his heart he will always be a Titan, just like any other player who spends most of their career with one team and then moves on late in their career to another team just for the money. I think Shannon Sharpe will always be a donkey, Rod will always be a Squealer, etc.
    But like SHannon and Rod he is pro enough to give us his best effort while he's here.

The great thing about the NFL Hall Of Fame is that a player is not assigned to a specific team, and that each team, that player played for, is represented.

I think McNair views himself a Raven, but will always have a special place in his heart for Tennessee. Shannon Sharpe also treasures his time as a Raven, but he wil always be associated with the Broncos. Deion, who played for several teams, is often seen on NFL Network wearing Ravens gear.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Steve McNair is a true professional. True professionals, regardless of profession, always feel that whatever they are doing right now, is the most important thing they could be doing. They don't dwell on the past, daydreaming of where they were or what they could have done. I am sure when he retires, he will have fond memories of both franchises.

However, right now he is a Raven. He may not be a life-long Raven, but anyone who puts on the uniform and has his team's best interest at heart is a true player to his team.

If I were Steve McNair, after the way the Titans treated him after all the years of giving so much for that organization, I'd be pretty pissed off, and would want nothing to do with that organization ever again.

Not only are the Ravens his team now, but some of the most important pieces of the Titans are here with him now (Mason, Rolle).

If he happens to get a ring while here, it will only cement his image as a Raven.

He certainly has done many good things for the community in Tennesee. He is beloved there by the fans and will always be treasured there. I am quite sure he has a place for Tennesee and for Baltimore. He is having a great season so far and finds a way to win each week. He is the reason we are 8-2. Not that others haven't contributed to wins, but the team believes in him and he is getting it done.

I don't like McNair, never have and never will. To me he will always be the over hyped hated Tits QB. That being said, Steve is a professional that wants to go out a winner; something that wasn't going to happen in Tenn. I believe he will give us 100% every week and do everything in his power to get us to another SB if for no other reason then to prove a point. As long as he is wearing a Ravens uniform he is a Raven to me just like Sharp was. I couldn't stand Sharp before he got here, and still can't stand Mr Ed, but I cheered for him as a Raven as loudly as anyone.

Sadly football as with all major professional sports has become a me first business. There just doesn't seem to me to be any more hometown heros like the ones I grew up with. So when someone asks me if McNoodle is a Raven or a Tit, I say who cares anymore, because that can change in a heartbeat in this modern sports world. If he puts on purple Sunday I'll cheer him on, if not I'll boo him just like I will boo Ray Lewis the day he bolts. These players despite what they say really don't give a damm who pays their check or where they play, they just care how big it is and how many times they can get on NFL highlights and see their name in the papers.

If I were Steve McNair, after the way the Titans treated him after all the years of giving so much for that organization, I'd be pretty pissed off, and would want nothing to do with that organization ever again.
    They did what they had to do to protect their team, he knows that, and everything else was simply grandstanding.

The bottom line is Steve has never won a ring, he has an excellent opportunity to do so this year, so I expect he'll play lights out to get one. Which is all we can ask.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Steve McNair all-time vs Pittsburgh:

198 for 327 attempts, 60.6% completion, 17 TDs, 11 INTs, and 2453 yards.

Thats in 13 meetings, so about 1.3 TD's, .84 INTs, 188.6 yards average per game.

Not incredibly impressive, but he hasnt exactly struggled against them. But McNair is 9-4 against them, and in the end arent wins the only stat that matters?

McNair and the Ravens will be OK tommorow IMO, and we will all be sure where Steve's heart lies.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton