Ravens Hire QB Coach & Asst. O-Line Coach

Hue Jackson named QB coach and Andy Moeller hired as Asst. O-Line Coach.

The Press Release and Coaching Bios HERE
    Last edited by TL24x7; 02-05-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Hire QB Coach

was just about to post about this, but my source was a Bengals fan site, so didn't want to...

GREAT pickup...QB coach was definitley one of our top 3 assistant positions where we needed someone who can flat out revolutionize their groups, and getting someone who was an OC as early as last year, and was actively interviewing for OC positions this year...good stuff.

Only concern might be that without Vick, the Falcons QBs looked kind've shaky...but I wouldn't place the blame on Hue Jackson for that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: Ravens Hire QB Coach

Added in the new info on Wikipedia:ww:

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Hire QB Coach

Also added Andrew Moeller as an Assistant OL coach...guy sounds like a nice pickup too, he coached Jake Long coming into the draft this year. Not a monumental hire, but a nice one.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Ravens Hire QB Coach & Asst. O-Line Coach

I've got to admit...I'm pretty impressed with the staff Harbaugh is putting together.

Nice hires

Can't argue with the track record of these two guys. Harbaugh's been a coach for not long at all, but his additions to the staff have been top-notch

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn
    I've got to admit...I'm pretty impressed with the staff Harbaugh is putting together.

Jackson seems like a very good hire. Don't really know anything about Moeller except I remember his father well at Michigan. I think he may have been the guy that followed Bo.

I like not only the qualifications of the guys they are hiring, but the swiftness of the hires leads me to think that Harbaugh really knows the people in the league very well, and knew who to after.

i'm just excited that people with successful backgrounds are being hired and not old buddies that get cast off after failing miserably in other locations
    Just win baby...

This staff looks f*cking awesome on paper!

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post

Jackson seems like a very good hire. Don't really know anything about Moeller except I remember his father well at Michigan. I think he may have been the guy that followed Bo.

I like not only the qualifications of the guys they are hiring, but the swiftness of the hires leads me to think that Harbaugh really knows the people in the league very well, and knew who to after.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Didn't one of the sun writers complain that Harbaugh didn't have his staff in mind before he was hired?

Doesn't seem to have hurt the staff he is putting together now. Fresh faces, fresh perspectives, and I am starting to go through Ravens withdrawl now!!

I'm liking this as well. You are only as good as the people around you. Its true on the field, and as we are about to find out, its true in coaching too.