Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

Where's MisplacedChiefsFan when you need him?

BS

If Wilbert can coach Half as good as he ran while with the Eagles when they got to the SB with Jaws at QB, our running future is in Solid Hands!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    John Matsko looks good, but Wilbert Montgomery has me slightly worried since, and I quote:

That's slightly worrying as RBs haven't been a strength of a Mike Martz offenses, have they?
    It's not that the RBs haven't been a strength, it's that Martz never used them. Can't help that...not his fault.

Montgomery's more of an unknown. Matsko is an AWESOME hire...love it. That Chiefs OL has been the best in the league for a while.

- C -

Check THIS out.

After looking at Matskos bio and checking out the link above, I'd have to say we got somebody here that knows a thing or two about coaching and developing offensive lineman.

Our offensive line has been one of our weaker points for years IMO, and I think we got a good one here.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    It's not that the RBs haven't been a strength, it's that Martz never used them. Can't help that...not his fault.

Montgomery's more of an unknown.
    That's a great point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Check THIS out.

After looking at Matskos bio and checking out the link above, I'd have to say we got somebody here that knows a thing or two about coaching and developing offensive lineman.

Our offensive line has been one of our weaker points for years IMO, and I think we got a good one here.
    Sweet, we have our very own Tom Emanski! Now we just need an endorsement from Fred McGriff, and we'll have back to back to back national champions!

Montgomery's more of an unknown.

Your kidding right. Montgomery is a major improvement. We will finally have a running attack
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Blog Entries

I was a little bit sad to see we didn't bring Tony Nathan back, I thought he did a good job coaching the RB group. But if Cam and John think this guy is better, then go for it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    Your kidding right. Montgomery is a major improvement. We will finally have a running attack
    Ok, so what did Tony Nathan do so terribly then?

Foerster I get, but I have never heard anyone complain about Tony Nathan until you right now, so what's your complaint?

We didnt run enough to control the clock,we never found a way to use both backs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    We didnt run enough to control the clock,we never found a way to use both backs
    These are not the fault of an assistant coach, it is the fault of the person calling the plays...

What I look at is the fact that 1) McGahee was an improvement over Jamal and had a better year, 2) Musa Smith looked very good as a 3rd down back, 3) Mike Anderson seemed to play ok at the RB position (ST aside, and I think there's something to be said that last year, our relationship with MA was a bit strange, I'd be suprised to see him back this year), and 4) Cory Ross looked amazing coming off the P Sq and having a pretty great game against the Steelers.

On the contrary, I think Tony Nathan did VERY well last year. But, like I said, I'm looking forward, not in the past. Welcome Coach Montgomery!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I didnt say I didnt like Tony, I just feel Montgomery will be an upgrade. BTW I used to be his neighbor