Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    15,704

    Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches



    The Baltimore Ravens have added John Matsko as offensive line coach and Wilbert Montgomery as the teamís new running backs coach. Head coach John Harbaugh made the announcement today.

    Bios on each and more here




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens have added John Matsko as offensive line coach and Wilbert Montgomery as the teamís new running backs coach. Head coach John Harbaugh made the announcement today.

    Bios on each and more here
    Thank god we got a new OL coach, there is a ton of upside for next season now!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

    Section 126, Row 33




    Lets Go Flacco




  3. #3

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    John Matsko looks good, but Wilbert Montgomery has me slightly worried since, and I quote:

    Working with current 49ers offensive coordinator Mike Martz for much of his career
    That's slightly worrying as RBs haven't been a strength of a Mike Martz offenses, have they?




  4. #4

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    John Matsko looks good, but Wilbert Montgomery has me slightly worried since, and I quote:



    That's slightly worrying as RBs haven't been a strength of a Mike Martz offenses, have they?
    Faulk was a strength of the Martz St. Loius Offense. Period. Stephen Jackson also did great things until the offensive line fell apart, and the coach was in a different city anyhow.

    I think the guy did pretty well with the Chiefs vet line and this year, really hard to do anything because no one was remotely scared of their QB being able to do anything. Wait, that sounds familiar....

    We are not going to see old school Ravens pound the rock down your throat football, and, in my opinion, that is a good thing.
    Just win baby...




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Will be interested to see what sort of units these guys can put together and how Matsko is able to gel this young talent together on the line.

    Happy Birthday for Saturday too Coach Matsko.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,840

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Both of these hires look legit. Montgomery not only has overseen some good running in St. Louis, but backs that like to catch the ball as well, which should fit perfectly in Cam's offense. Matsko certainly has the chops as well. They're doing a great job getting the staff in, now they just need the players.




  7. #7

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Both of these hires look legit. Montgomery not only has overseen some good running in St. Louis, but backs that like to catch the ball as well, which should fit perfectly in Cam's offense. Matsko certainly has the chops as well. They're doing a great job getting the staff in, now they just need the players.
    I am with you 100%, these both look like quality guys.
    Just win baby...




  8. #8

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    John Matsko looks good, but Wilbert Montgomery has me slightly worried since, and I quote:



    That's slightly worrying as RBs haven't been a strength of a Mike Martz offenses, have they?

    I don't know...I mean Marshall Faulk and Stephen Jackson were pretty good...




  9. #9

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    These look like good hires to me, although I'm curious as to why Matsko left the Chiefs. Maybe that was in his bio and I just missed it, but they've had a great OL for years, so it seems odd that he'd leave.

    I remember Wilbert Montgomery as a RB for the Eagles, but I had no idea he was even coaching. I currently have no opinion about him at all as a coach, but I'm glad we picked up a new coach for the OL.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Backs who can catch but also having our backs more adept at picking up blitzes and reading the pass protection better up front would be the biggest improvement we could see from our new RBs coach. I don't see great problems with the reads they're making and how they hit the holes, but it's the little things that round off a back that it'd be nice to see our backs develop.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BrasŪlia, Brazil
    Posts
    640

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    September can't come too soon, that's for sure




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Ravens Hire OL & RB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    These look like good hires to me, although I'm curious as to why Matsko left the Chiefs. Maybe that was in his bio and I just missed it, but they've had a great OL for years, so it seems odd that he'd leave.
    He didn't build that line, the guy that built that line was Mike Solari who was upgraded to offensive coordinator and absolutely stunk up the joint. I believe he's now gone to Seattle and the talent left on the line for the Chiefs is pretty rank, I think he saw the opportunity to come to Baltimore to try and gel together some talented youth, at least that's the way I'm gonna choose to see it.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland