Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OT: What's your spirit?

Not wine or beer. Gin? Vodka? Scotch?

Yes I know I did this last year. What can I say, it's a subject close to my heart.

I had been drinking bourbon recently and found George Dickel Tennessee Whisky on sale at my local shop. Tried it and. . .

It's that good.

What's in your glass?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: OT: What's your spirit?

Uh oh ... a topic we may be in agreement on!

I too enjoy a nice bourbon. I enjoy the Van Winkle 12 year old (when Im not sipping my beloved Grand Marnier, of course). Very smooth and an almost buttery smell to it.

Sippng that and smoking a nice CAO is something close to heaven!

Yeah, I went through a couple bottles of that Van Winkle awhile back. Also Eagle Reserve, and Bulleit (sp?), mmm mmm good. If you haven't tried this George Dickel, give it a shot.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

eh, Vodka guy.

Stoli Orange on teh rocks, in a glass... that's all, maybe a twist

Van Gough Double Espresso is a great shooting Vodka. But really most will do.

Try, 1792 or Woodford Reserve, or Eagle Rare if you like Bourbon.

Total Gin guy. Specifically my favorite Gin so far is Hendrick's, followed by Plymouth (Chuchill's Gin), the Bombay Sapphire.

My Martini recipe.
    Pour Gin in shaker, shake with ice. Pour strained Gin into a Martini glass. Add a toothpick with olives. Lean over the glass and whisper the word Vermouth at the glass. Turn bow to England, and drink.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Rum... straight

sip on that while having a nice Barleywine or Scotch Ale...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

For whatever reason, I cannot stand whiskey.

I drink Vodka, Rum and Tequila for the most part.

Hey Festivus and Houston!

Bourbon is my spirit of choice as well. Woodford Reserve is damn fine stuff, as is Maker's Mark. Ezra Brooks (black) and Evan Williams (black) aren't bad either. I've had the George Dickel and it is quite tasty.

Bulleit is good, if just a tad harsh. I guess that's why its the Frontier Whiskey. Fans of the show "Deadwood" on HBO might have seen the bottle on the bar now and then.

Might have to try out the Van Winkle...
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Bourbon is my spirit of choice as well. Woodford Reserve is damn fine stuff, as is Maker's Mark. Ezra Brooks (black) and Evan Williams (black) aren't bad either. I've had the George Dickel and it is quite tasty.

Bulleit is good, if just a tad harsh. I guess that's why its the Frontier Whiskey. Fans of the show "Deadwood" on HBO might have seen the bottle on the bar now and then.

Might have to try out the Van Winkle...
    Bulleit is much more harsh then the other high end bourbons/Tennessee whiskeys I've had. I like some variety though.

I stay away from Maker's Mark only because I like to support the smaller distilleries, I'm sure it's very fine but I haven't had any in about ten years.

I do like gin sometimes, too, and Pyite makes my kind of martini for sure. Three olives, please. Sometimes, again for variety, I'll have the Tanqueray Rangpur gin instead.
    Festivus

Johnny Walker Black, rocks. Oh, and he does rock! Bought a 4.5 liter bottle while in the Carribean.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Gin is the one alcohol that turns me downright evil .... I stopped drinking it about 5 years ago. I used to crush gin and tonic's until one day I woke up, did the morning receipt inventory and discovered I dropped $400 in Max's, buying drinks for total strangers. First and only time I blacked out ...