Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: QB Situation

Re: QB Situation

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Polamalu was it. Aaron Smith if you wanna count him but he was injured and missed a lot of games at the end of the season. Smith played well that game against one of the league's best defenses, so your assessment that he had only one game vs. a legit NFL D isn't correct.- C -
    Thanks for Informing the Uninformed! Not to mention, we were pretty much in control of that game, until our guys decided the game was over.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

McNair has been at OM working out hard...seems like he plans on making a comeback. UGH!!!! Get RID of this guy.
    What is your hurry? The guy did not work out last year and that may have been his problem. There is no advantage to getting rid of McNair until the last cut before the season.

How in the world can you blame coaching for McNair, he came into camp after a very sparse off-season conditioning program and was out of shape. Read between the lines, the guy spent little off-season time at the complex. The coaches didn't question it because it was his first off-season with us. McNair stunk last year because he didn't prepare in the off-season. This made him injury prone.
    Greg you just blamed the coaches and you dont even realize it.
    How? The coaches had no idea what McNair's history was and how hard he worked before. They also had no idea how hard he was working back in Tennessee. He is a seasoned veteran who shouldn't need to be watched. They gave him the benefit of the doubt and he came into camp not ready. That is not the coaches fault. Well, unless you think the coaches should watch these players like children in the off-season. Ray doesn't need that and McNair SHOULDN'T but apparently does.

I have to disagree w/ waiting on getting rid of SM. He did nothing last year to get an invite back. The more reps he gets in training camp, the less for Boller and Smith. It's time to get younger IMO.

FM

Mcnair deserves another shot. Injuries just flat out killed him last year. He was hurt on the 2nd play of the season and never recovered for some reason. I think he's ready to prove that last season was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think I'll go if this bozo ever puts on a Ravens uniform again.
    You think that about McNair yet have touted Boller for how long now?

Too funny.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You think that about McNair yet have touted Boller for how long now?

Too funny.

PP
    I only tout Boller as the best of today's mediocre lot of Ravens QB. You forget or choose to ignore: ever since Boller's rookie year, I was touting picking up a FA vet to compete with him. Unfortunately, I got my wish - a $33 million front office huge mistake , when there had been better options available.

I would love to see McNabb picked up for a reasonabale price (highly unlikely), or a free agent surprise (highly unlikely), or a draftee step up in a couple of years. In the meantime, we have to go with the hand that we've been dealt by Oz.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I only tout Boller as the best of today's mediocre lot of Ravens QB. You forget or choose to ignore: ever since Boller's rookie year, I was touting picking up a FA vet to compete with him. Unfortunately, I got my wish - a $33 million front office huge mistake , when there had been better options available.

I would love to see McNabb picked up for a reasonabale price (highly unlikely), or a free agent surprise (highly unlikely), or a draftee step up in a couple of years. In the meantime, we have to go with the hand that we've been dealt by Oz.
    Please.

You shit on McNair in 2006.

You were clamouring for Boller then.

You want another 30 something used to be mobile veteran QB?

McNair was brought in for a 2 year run. Obviously 06 was the year to seize the prize and he blew it.

We need to get a QB in the draft. If Ryan is there at 8, I hope we take him.

PP

Wink Re: QB Situation

Please.

You shit on McNair in 2006.

You were clamouring for Boller then.

McNair was brought in for a 2 year run. Obviously 06 was the year to seize the prize and he blew it.

PP
    Of course I shit on McNair in 2006. I argued that $33 million was way excessive for a guy who was approaching being washed up. I took all kinds of grief, including a lot of personal insults. I was right, but I don't crow about it. I would much rather have been wrong and seen a competitive team in 2007.

What's your point?

I would take McNabb over any of the stiffs that we have. But why waste the bandwidth discussing it -- he's not coming here. Andy Reid wants two first rounders.

PP
    If he's there at #8, I hope we can get a good deal by trading down. There should be better QB values at lower rounds this year. We have many, many needs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Providing Ryan is not there at 8, wait till round 2.

You should have your pick of Henne/Flacco, maybe Woodson and maybe even an outside shot at Brohm considering the whispers you are hearing around and about.

What is "lower in the draft"?

And QB is one of our biggest needs.

Why not take the top guy if he is available there?...or at the least take a guy in round 2?

Ryan would be ridiculous value at #8. We'd be morons not to draft him if he's there.

But it won't matter, cause he won't be.

- C -

Of course I shit on McNair in 2006. I argued that $33 million was way excessive for a guy who was approaching being washed up. I took all kinds of grief, including a lot of personal insults. I was right, but I don't crow about it. I would much rather have been wrong and seen a competitive team in 2007.

What's your point?

I would take McNabb over any of the stiffs that we have. But why waste the bandwidth discussing it -- he's not coming here. Andy Reid wants two first rounders.

If he's there at #8, I hope we can get a good deal by trading down. There should be better QB values at lower rounds this year. We have many, many needs.
    1. We went 13-3 and had a bye. You shit on the guy the whole season. You weren't right at all. Sorry if I don't buy your thinking that Boller would've done what McNair did. I remember your posts about how Boller could've gone 13-3 with that defense. There was no crowing in the cards for you. Not after professing your infatuation with Boller. The guy is a backup QB. Never was anything more.

2. I didn't bring up McNabb nor would I want him. The makeup of this team is much different than it was going into the 2006 season.

3. Our biggest need is QB. If Ryan is there at 8, he's ours. There will be no trading down if he's there.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 02-01-2008 at 10:36 PM.