Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Situation

QB Situation

Baltimore Fox News had a segment with Cam Cameron last night.. he mentioned meeting Steve McNair and Kyle Boller last week. No mention was made of Troy Smith.. what gives??

The more I read and hear .. I think the Ravens are planning for a full-fledged return of Steve McNair.. not sure how I feel about that.

Re: QB Situation

That's a good point; I also did not hear any mention of Troy. However, I do not see Steve returning this year - his arm is shot, along with the rest of his body. He gave us one good year, and then lost it come playoffs. He has not recovered since. I still believe Troy will win the job come next year.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I hope they decide not to bring him back

The more I read and hear .. I think the Ravens are planning for a full-fledged return of Steve McNair.. not sure how I feel about that.
    This is actually good news. One bad season, marred by injury and bad coaching, shouldn't put a good qb (Mcnair) in the bad graces of a team. Mcnair should heal fine by the start of camp, if not the ravens need a backup plan. Boller is not a good option and not much of a plan. I'd just as well be happy to part ways with him than Mcnair. Maybe a trade for a backup Vet or a selection of a Rookie in the draft might fall in our lap but I honestly hope they decide not to bring back boller, he just doesn't have what it takes. It would also be nice for Troy to be included in that meeting. Maybe he was and wasn't mentioned in this piece.

Blog Entries

RELAX! Cam has only had a week to try to a) Interview and Hire a coaching staff and b) Meet with players. He even said in his PC yesterday that he's been really busy in the forefront with looking for coaches. He's only gotten a chance to meet with a few players on offense (He only mentioned Mason, McNair, and Kyle...aren't you going to get upset he hasn't met with McGahee or Heap yet?)

Cam won't commit to anything on offense yet, because right now he's in the stage of putting together his staff. How can we make decisions on a QB, a RB, a WR, when there's no position coach who's in place to work with them?

Just chill, I don't see anyway Cam can promise anyone the starting job at QB right now...McNair and Kyle need to prove they're healthy first anyway.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

IF McNair comes back, then he needs to come back at a HUGE discount, and we need to get SOMETHING for Boller. If that means a reduction to $3m in salary, and a 6th for Boller, then I suppose I'm ok with it. I would thik that Troy would play at least 10 games in that scenario, whether he starts from day 1 or not.

But realistically, I'd rather just part ways with the guy, and keep Boller one more year.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 01-31-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    RELAX! aren't you going to get upset he hasn't met with (edited) Heap yet?)

Nah... IF he can get healthy, let him meet with him then... until then I'm going to assume this Torn Vaginal wall will keep him out all of next year too.

Yes this is a joke, I know I'm a Heap "basher" but Even I, don't agree with what I am saying here. It is for sarcastic purposes only, please turn flamethrowers on low.

Cameron JUST got hear. I wouldnt read into him not meeting with Trot yet.

McNair wont be back. I dont have any evidence to this, but to see just how far he has fallen tells me that deep down the man knows he is done.

With that said, I dont think we have seen Boller's last days either. We cant deep six both QB's with experience. If it's between the aged Mcnair and the semi-tenured Boller, I think they keep Boller in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    IF McNair comes back, then he needs to come back at a HUGE discount, and we need to get SOMETHING for Boller. If that means a reduction to $3m in salary, and a 6th for Boller, then I suppose I'm ok with it. I would thik that Troy would play at least 10 games in that scenario, whether he starts from day 1 or not.
    Who do you propose would give us SOMETHING for Kyle Boller?
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

JonBoy.. love your 2nd post.

I agree with you .. I am starting to think that Heap pees sitting down....
    MAN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The depth chart at QB is 1) McNair 2) Boller 3) Smith. They are each under contract for the coming year.

I should hope Cameron wants to talk to each, in that order of priority.

EVEN THOUGH NONE IS ANY GOOD. At the moment, anyway, as far as I know. But don't kid yourselves, we stink at the QB position, but we got what we got, and that's who Cameron is 'meeting' with.

I suspect they all return, and that's our 1/2/3 punch in '08, though I will be pleasantly surprised if we have someone else (Ryan? :ihope: ) in the mix instead of McNair. Or Boller. I'd just as soon keep Smith, even though he hasn't shown he's arrived yet, at least he may have upside.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    Who do you propose would give us SOMETHING for Kyle Boller?

ATL, SF, DET, OAK, NYG, NYJ, BUF, MIA, CIN, HOU, DEN, KC, SD, WAS, CHI, MIN, CAR, NO, ARI, or STL... damn that's lot of teams that don't appear to have 2 "solid" options under contract. Realistically, Boller is a reasonably priced Vet that can play day one and at least keep the seat warm and the engine running... He may not take a team to the playoffs but he'll win a few games. That's more then can be said of a late day rookie. I would suspect that a playoff ready time could look to him as a solid backup option, or a lower end team could look for him to bridge the gap to a recent or near future draft pick. I think of Kurt Warner, Volek, etc more in that light but...

He would have a minute bit of trade value on the market. QB's are such a hard thing to find. Charlie Frye was had for a 6th and while he is younger and signed for longer, there is no doubt who is better now or who has a higher ceiling. It's the same guy and its Boller.