Thread: Ravens Staff!

Ravens Staff!

Just finished listening to the presser with the Ravens new Special Teams Coordinator, Jerry Rosburg. I'll tell you what, I'm a little bit surprised that he is Not already a HC! This guy is impressive; and you can tell he's a Football guy first and last. An All-American Linebacker in college, and a veteran coach, as well as being quite articulate; but you know from his answers that he is a man of action and not words. Collectively speaking, I believe the Ravens have potentially, absent the assistants, the finest football staff in the league. Only time will tell; but I have a good feeling about this staff. And I also liked Cam's statement, that there will be No offseason for this offense.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Ravens Staff!

Meh, I wasn't too impressed with Jerry Rosburg. He uses more clichés than Rex Ryan to describe his ST play, but if he can get the job done, so be it. It's not like he was hired for his public speaking skills.

Cam Cameron on the other hand ... :respect

3. Re: Ravens Staff!

Calling them the "finest football staff" before seeing results is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Optimism, yes, giddy optimism, no.

You're probably right; call me an eternal optimist who believes this team is playoff bound this year, and I'll stand by that. I do like the Rosberg hire, and believe we Will see positive results come this Fall.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    Meh, I wasn't too impressed with Jerry Rosburg. He uses more clichés than Rex Ryan to describe his ST play, but if he can get the job done, so be it. It's not like he was hired for his public speaking skills.

Cam Cameron on the other hand ... :respect
    I actually believe the guy was quite well spoken; and, as far as respect goes, Rosburg has a nice resume going for him as well.

Blog Entries

I'm not doing backflips over the guy's presser, but I think his results speak for themselves. He's an upgrade over Frank Gansz, and that's all I care about. Plus, we do get the added bonus that John Harbaugh coached Special Teams for the Eagles for nearly 10 years, so he'll be able to assist in that regard.

I do like Cam Cameron's comments a lot...like when he said "There's not going to be an offseason for our offense, we need to get them working right away". Good attitude. And while I'm annoyed that other teams are gobbling up assistants right now, I am happy that Cam is really putting a lot of thought into what assistants to put in place here...I think we're going to have a top notch staff.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I have to think that Coach Harbaugh knows what he wants in a Special Teams coach since that was his forte. I thought Jerry Rosburg was very articulate, knowledgable, and has enjoyed past success. Look, anything is better than what we had. We were very sloppy in our special teams last year and gave up a lot of yards on kickoffs. Hopefully we will play smarter this year.