Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thanksgiving Night Black Out

Bez513, Even with the "extra" $15/month I have to pay Comcast for internet access, it's still well worth it for me. Everyone's different, personally I couldn't go without Sunday Ticket.

Everyone's different, personally I couldn't go without Sunday Ticket.
    Like you say: everyone's different. Unless I'm missing something about the Sunday Ticket, I couldn't see using the Sunday Ticket if it were free. There are a finite number of hours available for watching the Ravens on TV, and I can't see how the Sunday Ticket would fit into my schedule.

I annually attend about 11-12 Ravens games in person. When I get home, I'll sometimes tune in the second game unless it's a clunker. e.g. last night I watched about 8 minutes or so of Colts-Cowboys, the switched over to watch my taped copy of the Ravens-Falcons game (my first DVR recording of a Ravens game in HD). I rarely watch Sunday or Monday Night games unless they involve AFC North teams to root against -- I figure that if any of these games that I didn't bother to watch live turned out to be exciting barnburners, I could see the NFL Network condensed replay. As to the 4-5 Ravens games that I watch on TV, I am stuck with CBS' cheap non-HDTV picture.

I'm really not interested in other NFL teams that don't compete with the Ravens or our Division rivals. Peyton Manning? Don McNabb? Brian Urlacher? I'll get enough hype from ESPN and NFL Network. I don't need to waste 3+ hours watching these guys teams competing in meaningless games to the Ravens success.

I can understand the Sunday Ticket for Ravens fans who live outside the CBS broadcasting area for Ravens games, but, serious question, as a local area Ravens fan, what does the Sunday Ticket get me that I can't get with CBS/Fox and the NFL Network?

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I pay 95 dollars for Direct Tv, Verizon high speed internet, and Verizon phone service. There are packages now that include verizon and direct tv. Just thought i'd throw that out there.

I live in Hagerstown, subscribe to the world's worst Monopoly(cable co.) Antietam Cable, have digital, hi-def, internet, but they have no NFL channel , no NBA channel , no Masn , in other words, completely useless!!!! I would go satellite, but their internet is DREADFUL !! My only avenue of improvement is complaining long and loud:( ! So I do! But hey, what a wonderful day in the purple palace eh?:insane:

MistaT, based on your criteria & interests, I don't think Sunday Ticket is for you! I am interested in teams outside of our division & being able to choose any game adds to my enjoyment and actually counteracts a point that you make --I don't want Manning, McNabb & Urlacher forced upon me and now I have choice on my side. I am also a picture-in-picture junkie AND with the free internet TVU player, I usually have a game going on the laptop as well. I just love the league. I can't bear to watch mind-numbingly stupid commercials so my eyes are on one of the other games until my main game comes back. We all splurge in certain areas, this is my area I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I can understand the Sunday Ticket for Ravens fans who live outside the CBS broadcasting area for Ravens games, but, serious question, as a local area Ravens fan, what does the Sunday Ticket get me that I can't get with CBS/Fox and the NFL Network?
    I agree, T. My thoughts exactly. I can watch every single Ravens game on TV as a local fan. If I lived out of the viewing area, I'd sign up for Sunday Ticket in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    My prediction: NFL Network will be on basic cable by Thursday. Just like ESPN2 HD was added the day before the World Cup. I am sure Comcast is getting blasted with phone calls around the country. They will add it to basic and just add 50 cents or a dollar per bill before you know it.
    They can't just "add it" to analog cable. There was room for lots more channels in the HD range. There is no more room in the analog range for another channel. Remember a few months ago when they added MASN to Comcast's analog feed? They had to move a channel from analog to digital (Gameshow Network) to make room for MASN. They would have to move another channel and seriously doubt they could work out the logistics of that before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by losac View Post
    I agree, T. My thoughts exactly. I can watch every single Ravens game on TV as a local fan. If I lived out of the viewing area, I'd sign up for Sunday Ticket in a second.

my roommate is saying he wants to get a hi-def TV and then go with satellite and Sunday Ticket. Until then, its sports bars on Sunday. At least until the Ravens make the playoffs (I hope, I hope), then they'll be on national TV.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I would have Sunday Ticket even if I lived in the basement of M&T Stadium. I like to watch the teams I want to watch not the glamor games rammed down my throat by the networks. I flip around and catch pieces of even the games on at the same time as the Ravens game. A lot of times when we are in of our knuckle biters and I just can't stand the stress I'll switch to another game until the scarey part is over (kind of like covering your eyes at horror moves) and then go back. If I could figure a way to watch all of every game I would. Yesterday, I was able to keep an eye on what the Bengals and Steelers were doing while watching the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    I couldn't live without DIRECTTV and Sunday Ticket. I haven't bought the special football packages they are offering but I won't pay the AC bill before I let my DirectTV go.
    As another out-of-towner like you, completely agree. Sundays are football days for my husband and me. He watches his Dolphins games and I watch the Ravens. There is usually a lot of running up and down the stairs to share some positive (or negative) event in our games. Then, there are the other games. I tend to watch them more than he does.

Only problem with keeping Sunday ticket at the expense of paying the AC bill is that then you wouldn't be able to watch Sunday Ticket!

One good thing is that the NFL Network gets picked up by a local station if the home team is playing, just like ESPN. The Broncos are being shown on the FOX station here Thursday night, so if a station in Baltimore follows suit, Ravens fans will not be deprived for the Bengals game.

My Dish Network HD box is getting hooked up tomorrow so I'll be watching the Broncos lose and the Ravens win in HD on successive weeks.

How do Directv subscribers watch the Thursday night games in HD???
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton