Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Thanksgiving Night Black Out

The Thanksgiving night game featuring the Broncos & Chiefs on the NFL Network WILL NOT be available to non-digital Comcast subscribers.

Any thoughts on that?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Thanksgiving Night Black Out

Where else would it air? It's on NFL Network which is available on digital cable but not basic. It's not a local game so it won't be simulcast on local TV.

I know it will be available on Direct TV. I don't subscribe to Comcast because of problems I have had over the years with installation.

My sympathies go out to you.

We've known this for awhile now. Comcast needs to provide NFL Network on analog.

My prediction: NFL Network will be on basic cable by Thursday. Just like ESPN2 HD was added the day before the World Cup. I am sure Comcast is getting blasted with phone calls around the country. They will add it to basic and just add 50 cents or a dollar per bill before you know it.

6. Re: Thanksgiving Night Black Out

Hey, I am a Comcast digital customer in Frederick and it isn't even available to me. This stinks.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That is why you should have DirecTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That is why you should have DirecTV.
    That is just one reason why you should have DirecTV. How about more channels, better picture quality, lower prices and Sunday Ticket! It's a no brainer, I'm just surprised that more people haven't figured it out.

The Thanksgiving night game featuring the Broncos & Chiefs on the NFL Network WILL NOT be available to non-digital Comcast subscribers.

Any thoughts on that?
    Here's my thought: BFD.

How's this any different than someone who doesn't have cable service, whose rabbbit ears won't pick up the game. If watching a national game not involving the Ravens on Thanksgiving holiday is important to someone who doesn't have digital cable, they should spend the extra $$$ to step up to digital or go to a sports bar. (If $$$ is an issue: with Comcast, you can return the box after the game and pay only for the pro rata use, which should be just a buck or two).

For me: I wish there were some way that I could donate receipt of this game to someone who cares about the AFC West. Thanksgiving has become this Nation's biggest family holiday, and I intend to spend that time with the family. NFL games will be on the big screen, but in the background with no sound. Thank God the Ravens are not scheduled to play on Thanksgiving Day!

Hey, I am a Comcast digital customer in Frederick and it isn't even available to me. This stinks.
    I'm a little surprised, Fletch. We know that Frederick is out in the boonies , but you would think by now the NFL Network would have been added to your channel lineup. We've had it in AA County for over a year.

Blame Danny Snyder!

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I couldn't live without DIRECTTV and Sunday Ticket. I haven't bought the special football packages they are offering but I won't pay the AC bill before I let my DirectTV go.

Quote Originally Posted by larrylater View Post
    That is just one reason why you should have DirecTV. How about more channels, better picture quality, lower prices and Sunday Ticket! It's a no brainer, I'm just surprised that more people haven't figured it out.
    Then you get screwed on Internet access by having to pay more from Comcast or another cable company. DSL and FIOS are not an option in my area.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'm a Comcast digital cable customer and we have NFL Network down here in the Redneck Riviera. I don't mind going to a sports bar to watch the Ravens games on Sundays, its good to get out of the house on Sundays. It was either that or have to endure the Deadskins/Bucs game.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello