Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Thanksgiving Night Black Out

NFL Sunday Ticket is the best present I ever got. The year before the SuperBowl my In-Laws got me the dish for Christmas. Next year I got to watch every Ravens game for the first time ever, and we had our first winning season.

My wife likes to watch the SeaHawks on the late game so we're both happy.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

. I like to watch the teams I want to watch not the glamor games rammed down my throat by the network
    Exactly! I love my Sunday ticket. ABC 2 has the Thursday night game.

I live in Southern York County, PA, which used to be Adelphia Cable. For years I called them about the NFL Network, no luck. After Adelphia went bankrupt & Comcast bought it, I figured great, we'll finally get te NFLN. :) Wrong, :( still no NFLN. I called Comcast & asked if they would be adding to the digital lineup, they said no, not at this time, even though they have room on digital. I called the NFLN & they said we should have it because Comcast is supposed to give it to their digital customers at least. I just don't want it for the Thursday night/Saturday night games, but for the shows & replays. I don't care if it's on digital, I just want it. Comcast has other systems in York County that has the NFLN, & of course all my friends & family in Harford & Baltimore Counties have it, but not here.

To the Frederick fan, I think you're in the same boat, a former Adelphia system that has been taken over by Comcast.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

4. Re: Thanksgiving Night Black Out

I just moved to Southern york county (new freedom pa) and got "stuck" with comcast. Ive enjoyed Directv but with my new house i have thick tress behind my house and dont think i can get directv. Im going to try once the leaves come back. But so far adelphia/comcast has sucked. Missed installation, cant get my boxes coded right to get the stations i ordered and their analog channels look like they are coming from china on rabbit ears.

***** Tip for those who dont have DSL available and want directv, order directv and cable internet. To avoid the $15 charge for not having cable tv service tell comcast you want only local channels (2,11,13 etc) and by law they have to give you the local channel package i think its $10 a month. you save $5 and you get a "back up" if its storming real bad during a ravens game! (as an added bonus my friend told me even though you order only the local channels you get all the basic channels too since they cant scramble them)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Welcome to New Freedom RavensFan. Yes, Adelphia sucked big time, & it got worse after they went bankrupt. Comcast claims all the problems are because of Adelphia's poor/non-existant upgrades & lack of Maintainence. They say they will fox everything & bring the quality up & please give them a chance. This is all their words. I told them look, you have plenty of digital channel space, put the NFL network on 1 of those open spaces.

Something else you will learn, we get 2 stations for all the networks (Baltimore & Harrisburg) except for Fox which is only 1 from Harrisburg. If the Ravens are playing at home versus an NFC team (like this past week), the game is on Fox. If the Eagles are playing the same time as the Ravens & they are on Fox, the Fox channel will show the Eagles. I do not understand why we have 2 of all the other networks & only 1 Fox, but that is what happens. LaMottes, the Ravens bar in town doesn't have Sunday ticket. I have season tickets, so this doesn't affect me, but my wife will usually go to her parents in Bel Air on these days. Just a heads up for you or your family if you don't have season tickets.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    They can't just "add it" to analog cable. There was room for lots more channels in the HD range. There is no more room in the analog range for another channel. Remember a few months ago when they added MASN to Comcast's analog feed? They had to move a channel from analog to digital (Gameshow Network) to make room for MASN. They would have to move another channel and seriously doubt they could work out the logistics of that before the game.

Good point on the MASN/GSN scenario. However, if there is enough demand for the channel, and it is going to create more revenue for Comcast, they will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    How do Directv subscribers watch the Thursday night games in HD???
    I found out from some panicing Broncos fans that Directv is showing the Thursday games in HD on channel 95. No word on when they are going to add the whole channel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver John View Post
    I found out from some panicing Broncos fans that Directv is showing the Thursday games in HD on channel 95. No word on when they are going to add the whole channel though.
    Wow, that first sentence makes me very happy but the second sentence doesn't make any sense. :insane:

My comcast doesnt have the nfl network
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I have the game for tonight. This is just another way to moe everyone towards the digital cable. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for FIOS TV here in Columbia.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I don't get it. When did TV become an entitlement. I remember only one game on turkey day, then two. If the the networks wanted a 3rd game, where the hell have they been for 30 years or so? Kudos to the NFL channel for thinking of it, and if you can't get it, either buy a service that has it or move. Don't bitch cause the NFL channel came up with a great idea and wants to make a few bucks off it. It's the American way.

As a fellow So.Pa Raven fan, (Loganville, 2 1/2 years now), I never considered cable as an option.
    Got the "DISH Network" system and have been very happy with it.
    NFL network is in the expanded package I have
    For internet I used he aviable "SUSCOM" which had a 10$ access tacked on, total 49.95. Comcast (SUCKS!!) has since bought (gobbled Up) the company, same price, shittyery (sp??:grbac: ) service..

Happy Thanksgiving Day All!!!