Blog Entries

Ravens staffing updates

Thought I'd start a general thread for this. I was correct in guessing more coaching names would be announced today along with Rosburg.

Here's where we're at:

HEAD COACH: John Harbaugh
    DC/ASST HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan
    OFF COORD: Cam Cameron
    ST COORD: Jerry Rosburg

DL COACH: Clarence Brooks
    DB COACH: Mark Carrier
    OLB COACH: Mike Pettine

TE COACH/Asst OL: Wade Harman

Assistant to the HC: Vic Fangio

Carrier, Harman, and Fangio are the ones announced today. The Carrier one is a good hire, a lot of players and coaches liked the way he coached last year. I'm suprised Fangio would come back in the exact same role, he was a DC for awhile with Houston. I'd think they might add a position role to his duties, rather than just keep him as "Special Assistant to the HC" (For you Office fans, there's a Dwight Schrute joke somewhere in that). Harman, he's been a long time Raven...I actually thought they might be looking to make him the OL coach, since he's been here for awhile helping with the OL...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Ravens staffing updates

Thanks for that post - need to keep tabs on all of the hirees.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I'm a little suprised we haven't put any offensive coaches in place yet, aside from Cameron and Harman. Cam has had a week, I would think he'd have at least a RB coach, or a WR coach, or something. I'm guessing the QB and OL coaches will take a bit longer, since we want to get REALLY good coaches for those (Well, we want REALLY good coaches for any position, but on the OL and QB, I think we want someone thorough and ready to work one on one with some of the younger guys who need to step up into bigger roles)

Aside from the HC and coordinators, we've hired on 5 assistant coaches, 4 of which are on the defensive side of things (Fangio has a less defined role, but he's no offense coach)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

OL coach better be a solid one. We need it.

Ditto WR coach.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

There was talk early on about bringin in former Chiefs OC Mike Solari as OL coach if Schottenheimer came in and brough Cameron. But Solari was hired to coach in Seattle, so that's out.

There was also talk about bringing in James Lofton as the WR coach...But the latest story has him interviewing with the Raiders about some assistant position, which with the rumours they have going, could be a secret interview for the HC gig if Lane Kiffin or Al Davis finally does something to break the contract they have.

I would hope that Harbs takes his time, and follows 'the process'. We want to get good people in, who are both compatible with Harbs and our personnel.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

This is good news and what I'd hoped for with the retention of Ryan as DC. Cmon draft!!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I decided to do a search on Vic Fangio...found this interesting article from last year, when we thought Rex Ryan would be getting the HC gig in SD and Fangio was rumoured to be our fallback option at DC...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ic_fangio.html

On the other hand, Ryan was loose and personable. His meetings were very lax, downright informal. Fangio might try to bring a military approach, which the players don't want. There will have to be a middle ground.
    So, Fangio would bring a nice discipline to things...I hope Harbaugh gets him to bring some of that fire into training camp!