Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Exiled's mock tracking 2008

While I wouldn't mind seeing Brohm develop into a Pro Bowl QB in Baltimore (The guy is the prototype for the modern day pro signal caller), his injury history calls into question whether or not he'd be able to survive for long behind what is currently a less-than-steller O-line (DARB knows what I mean... )...

I'm hoping we go with either a WR or CB with the first pick if a franchise cat is there at either position (kind of how we did when we selected Ed Reed), Although I'm of the Hoss Letaneshin school of thought when it comes to trading down... Do it if it means we can cover more needs with "quality".

May Mel Kiper and the Force be with us ...

2. Re: Exiled's mock tracking 2008

Leodis McKelvin.....rising fast on draft boards and likely will be a top 10 pick by the time the draft rolls round. Thats who I think we'll draft.

If his off-season workouts continue with how he went at Senior Bowl practices and during the game you'll not have to be worrying about us drafting Woodson at 8. I've got this feeling he is absolutely plummeting down draft boards, all of the South QBs (Woodson, Brennan, Ainge) were comfortably out performed in Senior Bowl practice (what counts) by the North QBs (Henne, Flacco, Booty).

I'm still a way of having any decided opinion on our first round selection but I'm fully aboard the band wagon to get Henne with our second pick whatever that means. Was always more likely to better pro QB than college QB, shows poise in the pocket, really strong arm, good accuracy, good leadership in the huddle.

First round there's lots of flux yet to come but I think we've got the DBs and coaches who can teach the ball skills that Leodis McKelvin lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I'm still a way of having any decided opinion on our first round selection but I'm fully aboard the band wagon to get Henne with our second pick whatever that means. Was always more likely to better pro QB than college QB, shows poise in the pocket, really strong arm, good accuracy, good leadership in the huddle.
    I'm actually getting really high on a lot of the second round QBs for our pick. Flacco, Henne, and Ainge are all favs of mine. Honestly, Woodson might even wind up falling that far and he'd be an absolute STEAL there if he does. Any of those four guys are IMO a far better option than Brohm in the first.

I don't agree with whoever it was that said there won't be trade-down partners. There are always people that want to move up in the draft, regardless of how thin the talent is. That's the beauty of the draft...suckers born every minute. As if Vinnie and Danny aren't dumb enough to trade half their draft to move up from #21. Jerry Jones, Al Davis, yadda yadda. Basically, there's always something that can be done.

I'd be thrilled to pick up say a second rounder this year and next to move down into the #20ish range. Honestly we could probably get more than that. Then we can draft Talib, who I think is a beast (and I could care less about his speed...they said the same thing about Suggs).

- C -