Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exiled's mock tracking 2008

Going to get the ball rolling starting this Sunday with the Projected Ravens 2008 1st and 2nd round picks.

Projections are based, as last year, on a databank of mock drafts.

please list mocks on this thread you would like to see included or excluded so that way we can get the best results to debate and discuss.

This year will be especially interesting given the uncertainty of who will be available at what position.

I don't think anyone views these things as "right," "wrong," "predictive," or "accurate," but last year the weekend before draft day Ben Grubbs was the consensus selection.
    Just win baby...

Re: Exiled's mock tracking 2008

here is one with a couple couple different mocks

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...mock_draft.cfm
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I am going to be so pissed if we take a LB in the first round.

I like Woodson, but I think 8 is a little high for him. I would like to see us trade back and take him.

I think he is going to be a good pro.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    here is one with a couple couple different mocks

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...mock_draft.cfm
    I included those last year as well, I will be sure to do so again, thanks!!!
    Just win baby...

Hey ER, good to see you around again. Looking forward to the draft talk for sure, do your thang. :watching:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Here is a pretty unusual name ....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/mock

Houston, I don't think Clady will be "that" unusual. Jake long will never, as much as everyone can wish, make it past New England unless McFadden is there too...and wouldn't THAT be the most bizarre thing to happen since the Vikings couldn't turn in draft cards fast enough in back to back years.

Clady is a big time talent and clearly the #2 OT...and I think the #2 OT went to AZ last year, right around #8 if I remember correctly. It's been a bit and I am very rusty on research. I have to look, but many people will look at the JO situation, Yanda being 'average' and Terry being...yeah...and decide a tackle is big value there.

I'll add this page to the list though!
    Just win baby...

Blog Entries

Why would you be so mad if we grabbed a LB first round? Yeah, we're ok at LB, but I don't think we're as set as we think...

JJ is a great player, but he's not AD and I think he needs some time to develop into a beast starting LB.

Bart Scott has some ego issues, and he's only signed here for another year or two.

Ray Lewis is entering the last year of his deal and he's not getting younger.

We've got young guys like Antwaan Barnes and Prescott Burgess, but it's impossible to see if they'll pan out. If the next Ray Lewis is there at #8, I'd rather take him than draft the next Byron Leftwich!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

for sure RavenScallywag, you know what i like to hear. I'd really want a great CB in the 2, and a LB, or DE in thew first. I'd just hate to see us draft a QB like woodson. And i'd really hate that in 4-5 years when troy smith is not with us and then have a different team use him good. i think troy should get his shot, but know hows what Cam,John and Rex are thinking.
    What you talkin' about Willis?

Blog Entries

well I wouldn't have a problem with us drafting a QB either, unless it's a reach...My point is the only draft move I'd be pissed about is a reach pick for need. Yeah, it's hard to get excited about us picking a LB when we still need a WR, or a QB, or a CB...but if we draft for this year, we risk missing out on those gem players that 2-3 years down the road could develop into our franchise's new class of young stars.

I'm sure in 2003, people would've said the same thing about being mad if we draft a LB...we drafted Suggs to be a LB, and look how that turned out. Even if we let him go in FA, we got about 5 great years out of him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Clady is a big time talent and clearly the #2 OT...and I think the #2 OT went to AZ last year, right around #8 if I remember correctly.
    Levi Brown went to AZ at #5, but Brown >>> Clady. If we go after Clady, I'd like to trade down.

Honestly, unless Ryan magically falls to us, I'd like to trade down pretty much no matter what. Lotta mid-level talent here. There's gotta be someone that wants to move up for someone, and we could use a few more picks.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I'd like to trade down pretty much no matter what. Lotta mid-level talent here. There's gotta be someone that wants to move up for someone, and we could use a few more picks.
    Agreed, but I am less than confident the trading partner will be there, given how thin the draft is at the top.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.