Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT/ Same old Angelos

Maybe someday i can make a fortune on class-action asbestos and mismanage a once-proud franchise into the ground. I am universally mocked, by CUBS FANS...for the Orioles. It really hurts.

edit: oh as far as the trade. Should have traded Tejada two years ago. Bedard does need to be moved, and for prime prospects. Then again, hearing some of the things about players traded here from houston is downright funny.
    Just win baby...

I cant even be a Stros fan now since Miggy made his way here. Such a sad day for baseball in general.

It's good he did, the trade would have been horrible.

And Bedard has never said he doesn't want to play here. In fact, he said a few days ago that if things were right he would be open to staying.

But Angelos and his famous "hometown discounts" will prevent that from ever happening.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

4. Re: OT/ Same old Angelos

Stan the fan (ok stop laughing), said on 1300 his source said that jones came back from venezuala a few weeks ago to take a physical and they had found that condition(deg hip). So thats why the O's wanted one too but not unheard of for most trades to go thru for any player really. I heard because of this possible condition they wanted more players to make the deal. SOO, if this rumor comes true and thats the only reason it was held up, ill give angelos the benefit of th doubt. The whole albert belle thing im sure has him a bit worried. (although i think he had an insurance policy to pay alberts salary)

Just my 2 cents, its easy to blame sneaky pete, im going to wait this one out, if its all him for no reason but pete wanting to keep him for some reason, then its shame. If it turns out he does have this condition, then its not big pete, its the organization saying, no.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

5. Re: OT/ Same old Angelos

It's mean-spirited but I can't help but laugh at this Angelos loss: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...,7984057.story

If it was anybody else, I might have agreed but he has earned my scorn.

Hey, I don't like Angeloser either, but there's a new story at the Sun that says Angelos didn't nix the deal and the hip problem is unsubstantiated.
    Angelos didn't nix deal

FWIW, read the Roch around the Clock blog. Roch Kubatko seems to be pretty fair in his reporting.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Not that Angelos hasn't done a ton to run down the franchise, but consider a couple of points:

1. The OP who said that as fact Angelos slowed down this deal was a ridiculaous interpretation of the story. If you read it closely, the writer suggested that as a possible theory.

2. This morning's paper, Andy McPhail said as fact that the issue is not Angelos. With a guy like McPhail running things, I think you'll see pretty quickly if/when Angelos meddles - McPhail will be gone, he doesn't need this.

3. McPhail and Angelos have history, which is why AM came here. He said at the time that he would not have come unless he has complete authority over the baseball operations of the team. Hence #2 if Angelos interferes.

By the way, the best most informed Os forum is Orioles Hangout at http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...isplay.php?f=2

Check out the stats, they have tons more people online and messages posted than all the top Ravens forums combined! It's unreal.

But my reason for posting, was to correct the absurd statement of fact of the OP - Angelos has done a lot of stuff that has hurt the team, but you need to read the article again.

The way I see it, if the worst thing that happens out of this is Bedard re-upping for 5 years, then I just dont' see how it's a bad thing.

Why trade a proven commodity for 4 unproven commodities? There aren't sure things in baseball...

Lets count the number of talented pitchers we groom and then let walk out the door ....

Curt Shilling
    Mike Mussina
    David Wells
    Kevin Brown

.... I know Im leaving a bunch out but Im depressed already.

Ken Rosenthal was just on OTL on ESPN.

His was talking about the Bedard trade and added that he thinks Roberts will be gone as well. He then made an odd comment, IMO ....

He said all this gutting will make the Orioles BETTER then when they had Miggy, Bedard and Roberts all on the same team.

Am I the only person that thinks he is nuts???

Well the only problem is the O's sucked with those guys. So maybe with some talented youth, some return to fundamentally strong baseball, some pitching, and some hustle the O's could be the slightest bit better.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Lets count the number of talented pitchers we groom and then let walk out the door ....

Curt Shilling
    Mike Mussina
    David Wells
    Kevin Brown
    Shilling was traded with CF Finley and pitcher Harnish for Glenn Davis. A terrible, horrible trade but they didn't just leave for more money.

We didn't groom Wells, we got him well into his career and Brown was also gotten after he had began to establish himself.

Mussina is the only one mentioned that was groomed and then left here with nothing in return.