Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT/ Same old Angelos

The Sun has an article today about the Bedard-to-Seattle trade stalling, and the reason? You guessed it....Angelos. Seems the King Midget has yet to sign off on the deal. MacPhail has exactly as much authority as Flanagan, Duquette and Beattie did, which is none. Angelos will continue to hold up the process, and veto deals he doesn't like instead of letting his baseball people do what they are paid to do.

Can he please just die already?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...,4465915.story

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: OT/ Same old Angelos

Does that short little nimrod understand that Bedard is gone in 10 months anyway? Why would he want to stay here? The only thing that can stop the trade, King Pete, is the very thing that makes players bolt when they hit FA.

What a complete douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Does that short little nimrod understand that Bedard is gone in 10 months anyway? Why would he want to stay here? The only thing that can stop the trade, King Pete, is the very thing that makes players bolt when they hit FA.

What a complete douche.
    Bedard is signed through 09.

That said, they need to move him now.

I went over to the Orioles Scout board.

The Angelos apologists are hilarious.

One guy claims the only thing Angelos has done over the past 10 years that has negatively affected the team was the Mussina debacle.

Unreal.

PP

Not like I think it will have a tangible affect, but people should boycott opening day if this is true.

Empty seats on that one day would speak volumes.

I am fascinated by the Orioles organization the same way I am fascinated at the outtakes in a Jackie Chan movie, when they show stunts going spectacularly wrong over the closing credits.

That man is always finding new ways to set himself on fire, just like Jackie Chan.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=251&f...2023&t=1932531

Read this thread and you'll see some delusional thinking.

Hilarious.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

Hilarious.

PP
    :grbac:

Holy Jesus. Im convinced some of those idiots are writing from the O's FO and not fans.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

Hilarious.

PP
    Purplepoe - almost as bad as the boobs over at Orioles Hangout. Probably the same bunch of Angelos apologists.

I too, was excited about McPhail. I thought just maybe Angelos would butt out and let the baseball people do their jobs. But this article speaks volumes as to who is still running the show.

It's not even his meddling that's necessarily the problem here. It's that he's a bottleneck in the process. It's been documented that potential trades have sat on his desk waiting for him to sign off for days or even weeks, either because he's too busy or out of town, or whatever. It's frustrating. Then teams get cold feet and pull out because they're sick of playing the waiting game. Teams hate dealing with the Orioles for this reason.

Now the rumor is Jones has a degenerative hip condition.

I heard that on NST @ 1 when I was getting lunch.

I still cannot believe that one dude said, with a straight face, that the only thing Angelos has done to negatively affect the team was the Mussina debacle.

I fell into the trap of providing him some other examples of Angelos fucking up the organization.

Needless to say it wasn't a hard list to compile.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Although I agree this would make the world a better place, his son is poised to take over and I've heard that he is even worse.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

One of his sons is an incredible a**hole.

I'm holding out hope that this is all premature, and that Angelos isn't going to micro-manage this trade into oblivion. But if this turns out to true, is it possible, or even likely, that McPhail will quit? He doesn't need to put up with this crap from a no-nothing owner, just like Pat Gillick didn't.