Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens To Pursue Leftwich?

No Thank You!!! I believe it is obvious now that the Leftwich pick was the worse of the 2 options (Boller or Leftwich), and there is NO WAY that would now be a good move! A statue is more mobile than a leftwich!!! Or a sandwich for that matter!! No, No, No Por favor NO!

Absolutely no way I would want Leftwich. The guy has zero mobility and frankly he seems kind of dumb to me as far as his decision making is concerned, o course, I could be wrong on that. My guess is we will draft somebody mid round to "groom" under McNair and in three or four years will have another Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    I agree on Smith. I think he is the PERFECT candidate to sit behind McNair and learn.
    Keep dreaming. Smith will be a top #10 pick.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Not really. He doesn't have good size. He'll slip into the 2nd easy, potentially the third.

I would keep Boller for sure, and not just because I think Leftwich is bad. I think Boller could help us win some football games as a backup. The faith the coaches had in him to immediately call long pass plays right off the bench is something rare in a backup QB. It would be terriffic if we could keep him another 2-3 years as a backup, and I don't think that precludes us from drafting a rookie in the 2007 or 2008 draft. Boller could have an attack of Volekitis, but something tells me he has a level head about his future as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Not happening,the main reason being is because he is 5'11 with a combine type measurement,regardlesss what the media guide or anything else says.

Height at the QB position is a big factor when it comes to drafting QB's,and I think the only starting QB in the NFL to be 6'0 or under is Brees.

He is a 2nd or 3rd rounder as shocking as that might seem to some college fans,and I heard one broadcaster compare him to Seneca Wallace this past weekend.