Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Ogden leaning toward NOT returning..

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Did you just watch "Patton" or something? Damn, I'm inspired now!! Where's the field?
    Think you can beat out Mcnair, Boller or Troy?

You aren't exactly built to play OT or DE (two needs IMO), but I've seen you throw the rock, and you got the build of a QB.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Ogden leaning toward NOT returning..

You aren't exactly built to play OT or DE (two needs IMO), but I've seen you throw the rock, and you got the build of a QB.
    Like Boller, I never know where the ball is going when I throw it.

Like McNair, I throw the rock like a...uh...rock.

Like Troy, my rocks break fingers. Ask FellsPoint

I think I'll stick to my day job

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

he really needs to retire, if you keep questioning to return or not the desire must not be there, you don't hear Ray asking the same question, because he has the desire to play.save us some cap space & retire and take McNair with you

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ........skip camp, miss a couple of games cause your toe hurts, then half ass it the rest of the way... That's what we got for "our" $7m last year. It would be a great idea to try that again!
    While I do think it's time for JO to retire, I really think the above is an unfair characterization.

The guy was hurt - that's why he missed practices at camp and a couple of games. But, he was at camp, rehabbing and taking treatment to get back on the field. This type of injury has ended many careers, and appears as if it is going to end JO's as well.

If he really was going to "half ass it", he simply could have just stayed on PUP or gone on IR and gone back home to Vegas for the rest of the season - and still be paid the same amount. Instead, he was here every day trying to get better and playing through the injury. He even continued to play once the season was lost, instead of simply saying "I tried, I'm done" and gone on IR. He didn't.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Have no idea what his pro-rated portion of his last bonus is for this year but we're stuck with that either way I believe.

His salary for this year is what we need.
    I'll assume it's at least a couple million if not more.
    That couple to few million could be a deciding factor in acquireing a free agent we desperately need to fill a void in any one of a few positions.

If he retires or they release him prior to June 1, then they will save around $2.189M in cap space and have no lasting Cap implications for him in 2009.

Or they could use one of their June 1 exemptions which would allow them to cut him prior to June 1, but still receive June 1 cap treatment. Under that scenario, they would release him in March (then he would file his retirement papers) and would have to carry his cap number until June 1, at which time they would receive $7.515M in additional cap space. But, the drawback to that scenario is that they would be charged with $5.326M in "dead money" against the 2009 Cap. Again, there would be no such carry over if released before June 1 (if done without using one of the June 1 exemptions).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Good. Go ahead and Retire. Let's move on..
    He couldn't take a tough training camp these days anyhow...

Eat the dead cap this year and let's just move on.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

he really needs to retire, if you keep questioning to return or not the desire must not be there, you don't hear Ray asking the same question, because he has the desire to play.save us some cap space & retire and take McNair with you
    One word: Favre.

Favre never misses a game, though.

You like your apples and oranges today, Greg

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Not really, Favre has contemplated retirement numerous times but he still plays with a high level of desire. The poster above seemed to indicate he thought anybody with those doubts wouldn't be.

What I took from the Farve post is that all the talking heads were saying that Farve was washed up and should retire, and then he comes back and has a Monster Year. I don't know if the poster meant in terms of Ogden or McNair though.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

JO, for the sake of everything holy, please retire.

Watching your half-hearted effort on the field this past year, when you were actually on the field, made me wince. Please stop embarrassing yourself and tainting your legacy.

Further, I am sure you're happy with the 9 million you stole from the team last year...do everyone a favor and don't pretend you're coming back to take up 11 million of cap space.

Thanks.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven
    Watching your half-hearted effort on the field this past year, when you were actually on the field, made me wince. Please stop embarrassing yourself and tainting your legacy.

Further, I am sure you're happy with the 9 million you stole from the team last year...do everyone a favor and don't pretend you're coming back to take up 11 million of cap space.
    Sheesh, I am amazed at the hate at JO! As has already been mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy WAS HURT last year, and played through it. He was not "embarrassing himself and tainting his legacy" IMO.

If he wants to retire, that's fine with me, but don't hate the guy for this past season. He is arguably the greatest player the Ravens have had.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post

Thanks.

JO could've easily just told them to IR him and that he couldn't go.

Half assed?

Unreal.

BTW, he played pretty damn well during spurts.

Whether he stays or goes, ripping him is pathetic.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post

Thanks.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.