Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ogden leaning toward NOT returning..

Not really a whole lot new here, other than it's his thoughts as of today:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,1978914.story
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ogden leaning toward NOT returning..

I heard him on the radio a few times today and he seemed noncommittal.

He did say it's mostly physical and not mental as far as factors in his decision.

I have a feeling he's gonna try to get a feel for what it's gonna be like under Harbaugh and that will be the determining factor.

PP

Blog Entries

if it's truly a physical issue, I think he doesn't come back...his body has just taken too much punishment over the years...his character would be the driving force for him returning, and if that's unchanged by the Harbaugh hiring, I think his physical state is just too worn down for a real comeback.

i'd like to see him go out with a Pro Bowl appearance like this, rather than staying around and just getting more and more worn down. Even his Pro Bowl election this year was done more by name than by performance.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I heard him on the radio a few times today and he seemed noncommittal.

He did say it's mostly physical and not mental as far as factors in his decision.

I have a feeling he's gonna try to get a feel for what it's gonna be like under Harbaugh and that will be the determining factor.

PP

And this is the perfect opportunity for the new regime in Baltimore to show they have control over the team.

Ogden is going to the hall of fame. He will be lovingly inducted into the Ring of Honor. But he needs to know that he can't take forever to decide what he's doing this time and effect the development of our younger guys.

He needs to be given a deadline and told to decide by then or the decision will be made for him.

Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And this is the perfect opportunity for the new regime in Baltimore to show they have control over the team.

Ogden is going to the hall of fame. He will be lovingly inducted into the Ring of Honor. But he needs to know that he can't take forever to decide what he's doing this time and effect the development of our younger guys.

He needs to be given a deadline and told to decide by then or the decision will be made for him.

Nothing personal.
    Agreed.

Somehow though, I don't think he's feeling any pressure from the FO to make a decision.

PP

Well, it's still early, but by draft day he'll have to stop the wishy-washiness and make a decision.

I think Adam Terry is ready to step in at LT, with Gaither waiting in the wings.

Make his mind up for him. Tell him that if he would like to save face, he should retire soon, because his cap space is needed, while he is not.

He should do whatever is best for the Ravens cap! He earned a shed full of $$$'s - he should go enjoy some of it - and leave us with the best cap position!
    Last edited by UKRaven; 01-29-2008 at 04:25 AM. Reason: typo

In the end he probably will retire. But if anyone has earned the right to make us wait for a decision, its JO. The man has been in Baltimore from the start of the franchise, its nice to think he'll almost definately retire a Raven.

:haggis

YAWN.

I wish the Ravens would just move on. This is getting tiresome. It's obvious he doesn't have the fire anymore.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon
    In the end he probably will retire. But if anyone has earned the right to make us wait for a decision, its JO.
    I tend to agree. I don't want to see him stretching this out like Favre has done in recent years, but I also don't see the point in giving him a deadline in the immediate future. Even if he makes a decision to return or retire before the draft, is it going to effect the draft? I don't think it will -- I think his replacements are already on the team.

He was our very first draft pick, and has been stellar pretty much every season. His occasional sideline temper tantrums have annoyed me, but I agree that he's earned the right to make a decision without being given an arbitrary deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    YAWN.

I wish the Ravens would just move on. This is getting tiresome. It's obvious he doesn't have the fire anymore.
    Right On, Camden! He just does not want it anymore. The team should just plan to go on without him, and if he changes his mind, then we'll adjust - but he better come in with a better mindset than he has had of late.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton