Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ogden leaning toward NOT returning..

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I tend to agree. I don't want to see him stretching this out like Favre has done in recent years, .

I wish he would do that. Put the team on the back and get us to the championship game? Sure, I'll take that, but making us wait, try and figure out plans on whether he stays or goes, NOT make any salary concessions, skip camp, miss a couple of games cause your toe hurts, then half ass it the rest of the way... That's what we got for "our" $7m last year. It would be a great idea to try that again!

I agree with Stockers, at this point, we should go after "unearned" bonus money. Make him retire, make him dig up some cans of money from his yard, an dput us in a position to be successful, by LEAVING. He'll never spend the money anyways. His grandkids won't miss it.

Sorry, but you hear it all the time from players, coaches and FO people.
    This is a business with financial decisions that have to be made.
    When players leave that have been shown nothing but loyalty for a bigger pay day, the first thing you here is that it's a business and they got to take care of their family.

I highly doubt his decision will have any effect on the draft regardless of what we as fans think they should do on draft day.
    They'll probably still go best player available on their board regardless of what our presasing needs are.

His delay of a decision could seriously impact free agency I think though.

Have no idea what his pro-rated portion of his last bonus is for this year but we're stuck with that either way I believe.

His salary for this year is what we need.
    I'll assume it's at least a couple million if not more.
    That couple to few million could be a deciding factor in acquireing a free agent we desperately need to fill a void in any one of a few positions.

To me, his deadline should be the start of free agency which I believe is at the end of Febuary.

A football player is supposed to have that burning desire to get back on the field asap and win a championship.
    That is supposed to be the number one goal at any time!!

Clearly those thoughts don't appear to be what's going through his head which is reason enough IMO for him to ride off into the sunset and open up the door for somebody else that has that desire.

He says he wants what's best for the Ravens.

What's best for the Ravens is a team of 53 players with the burning desire to win a championship, that can't wait to get back onto the field and work for that goal.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

What's best for the Ravens is a team of 53 players with the burning desire to win a championship, that can't wait to get back onto the field and work for that goal.

Did you just watch "Patton" or something? Damn, I'm inspired now!! Where's the field?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Did you just watch "Patton" or something? Damn, I'm inspired now!! Where's the field?
    Think you can beat out Mcnair, Boller or Troy?

You aren't exactly built to play OT or DE (two needs IMO), but I've seen you throw the rock, and you got the build of a QB.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

You aren't exactly built to play OT or DE (two needs IMO), but I've seen you throw the rock, and you got the build of a QB.
    Like Boller, I never know where the ball is going when I throw it.

Like McNair, I throw the rock like a...uh...rock.

Like Troy, my rocks break fingers. Ask FellsPoint

I think I'll stick to my day job

he really needs to retire, if you keep questioning to return or not the desire must not be there, you don't hear Ray asking the same question, because he has the desire to play.save us some cap space & retire and take McNair with you

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ........skip camp, miss a couple of games cause your toe hurts, then half ass it the rest of the way... That's what we got for "our" $7m last year. It would be a great idea to try that again!
    While I do think it's time for JO to retire, I really think the above is an unfair characterization.

The guy was hurt - that's why he missed practices at camp and a couple of games. But, he was at camp, rehabbing and taking treatment to get back on the field. This type of injury has ended many careers, and appears as if it is going to end JO's as well.

If he really was going to "half ass it", he simply could have just stayed on PUP or gone on IR and gone back home to Vegas for the rest of the season - and still be paid the same amount. Instead, he was here every day trying to get better and playing through the injury. He even continued to play once the season was lost, instead of simply saying "I tried, I'm done" and gone on IR. He didn't.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Have no idea what his pro-rated portion of his last bonus is for this year but we're stuck with that either way I believe.

His salary for this year is what we need.
    I'll assume it's at least a couple million if not more.
    That couple to few million could be a deciding factor in acquireing a free agent we desperately need to fill a void in any one of a few positions.

If he retires or they release him prior to June 1, then they will save around $2.189M in cap space and have no lasting Cap implications for him in 2009.

Or they could use one of their June 1 exemptions which would allow them to cut him prior to June 1, but still receive June 1 cap treatment. Under that scenario, they would release him in March (then he would file his retirement papers) and would have to carry his cap number until June 1, at which time they would receive $7.515M in additional cap space. But, the drawback to that scenario is that they would be charged with $5.326M in "dead money" against the 2009 Cap. Again, there would be no such carry over if released before June 1 (if done without using one of the June 1 exemptions).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Good. Go ahead and Retire. Let's move on..
    He couldn't take a tough training camp these days anyhow...

Eat the dead cap this year and let's just move on.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

he really needs to retire, if you keep questioning to return or not the desire must not be there, you don't hear Ray asking the same question, because he has the desire to play.save us some cap space & retire and take McNair with you
    One word: Favre.

Favre never misses a game, though.

You like your apples and oranges today, Greg