Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 43
  1. #13

    Re: What's up with NST?



    I have been thinking the same things recently. I didn't mind listening to them because some of there reports did have some good insight. But know, everything they have to say is negative about the Ravens and the Orioles. While the Orioles deserve some of it, the Ravens certainly don't deserve much. About the whole blog about MacPhail lying to us, if he had lied all he said was the trade hadn't happened yet, and as of 6:46 am on Tuesday, it hasn't happened. Don't really see how that is considered lying.

    I for one am excited about the Ravens this season even if they go 6-10 I still think they will be exciting to watch unlike the last few season where they have been boring! And I don't feel anything the front office has done deserves the comparison to Petey Pete. A change was needed and a change was made, now its time for our vocal players to step up and prove that is was the coach and the system that was in place otherwise they are next!




  2. Re: What's up with NST?

    I think the problem is wnst is taking it "personal" like its being done to just them.....but the seattle paper, espn, other sports outlets all reported is just about a done deal. All should have realized Sneaky Pete might just step in. Maybe they should just report now when they have a source " the deal is about done barring pete's approval" then everyone would know its not a done deal!

    WNST has to realize they are looking bad whining, you dont see ESPN whining about being "lied" too, they just report what they hear. The orioles deserve some negativity after the YEARS of being dysfunctional, the Ravens on the other hand have been nothing but a stellar front office since they came 1996, if they had 5 straight years of front office problems, then maybe, but come on already. talk sports, support your home town teams but of course dont be a homer about it.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com




  3. #15

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's called steaming audio, maybe you've heard of it?
    I have heard of it. I know they have it. I also guessed correctly you don't listen, as you confessed, and my question did not call for sarcasm on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    But to your point, no I stopped listening about a year ago for the same reasons I dont read Preston all that much anymore. More often then not, they are wrong on their info
    You make a lot of general comments like this, and I suppose as opinions you are entitled to them. But their info is right, pretty much always, as anyone who actually listens to the station knows.

    You are entitled to your opinion, even if you never listen to the station.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Catonsville
    Posts
    11

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Without sounding like an ESPN apologist, which I know this will inevitably come off as, I would like to make one point. Everyone saying that at least NST has someone on the ground actually reporting FACT unlike other local radio stations. Case in point, the McAlister knee injury. When Anita Marks reported that CMac hurt his knee and would be out 6-8 weeks, everyone jumped all over her. Well, low and behold, he was injured, and everyone that was talking smack wound up with egg on their face. So really, we have to take all of the radio with a grain of salt. But NST, and more specifically Nestor, has taken the most offensive stance, and it has been a topic of conversation fairly often on the station recently




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I have heard of it. I know they have it. I also guessed correctly you don't listen, as you confessed, and my question did not call for sarcasm on your part.


    You make a lot of general comments like this, and I suppose as opinions you are entitled to them. But their info is right, pretty much always, as anyone who actually listens to the station knows.

    You are entitled to your opinion, even if you never listen to the station.
    Mr. Sarcasm himself is somehow troubled about sarcasm directed back at him.

    Ratings say it all, my purple-bleeding friend. And thank you for allowing me to be entitled to my opinion.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorefan83 View Post
    Without sounding like an ESPN apologist, which I know this will inevitably come off as, I would like to make one point. Everyone saying that at least NST has someone on the ground actually reporting FACT unlike other local radio stations. Case in point, the McAlister knee injury. When Anita Marks reported that CMac hurt his knee and would be out 6-8 weeks, everyone jumped all over her. Well, low and behold, he was injured, and everyone that was talking smack wound up with egg on their face. So really, we have to take all of the radio with a grain of salt. But NST, and more specifically Nestor, has taken the most offensive stance, and it has been a topic of conversation fairly often on the station recently
    Local sports radio, like anything consumer-related, is looking for that edge. NST and ESPN are no different so I dont fault them there.

    Nestor has drive and a great idea, but his bias gets in the way, IMO. He seems to think since the front office over at Camden Yards is bad, then the FO at 1 Winning Drive must also be bad. I am fine with that actually as long as the show is focused more on the entertainment factor as opposed to being factual.

    Where I fault Nestor and the folks over at NST is that rumor and speculation seems to become "facts" in their head and then comes acros as such on their shows. Marks isnt innocent in this either. But to satisfy folks like Festivus, I will give them a weeks-worth of listening again.

    That's why I find Steve Davis a breath of fresh air. He will report the same rumor but will say it as such. He is far more responsible with his broadcast. His show on a part-time sports station draws far more listeners than ESPN and NST (combined, I think). A lot of that may have to do with the lead-in from Ron Smith, granted. But the quality of the show is superior, IMO.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #19

    Re: What's up with NST?

    I like the radio station (when I can get it tuned it...) but that Web site is a mess. That Web site is a good case study for how NOT to do a Web site.. it is impossible to find anything on there .. TOO MUCH CRAP!!




  8. #20

    Re: What's up with NST?

    NST's blogs have become personal as of late but it also goes in cycles. Later in the year we'll get the O's vs NST blogs but around those we'll get some good thoughts and opinions on what's going on with the O's and Ravens.

    ESPN 1300 needs to dump Anita Marks. Her show is just horrible to listen too. She tries to act cutesy and like "one of the boys" and it comes across as lame and desperate. At times she acts like your buddie's girlfriend who is trying to fit in with the group. She also drops names way too much. I don't care that you used to have dinner with Alex Rodriguez and that you're going to Jonny Ogden's birthday bash. Big woopie! Give me some sports, talk, and opinions on the matter at hand.

    Don't give Viviano a free pass either. His show is also hard to listen to as the over opinionated Damon Yaffe opens his mouth one too many times. And I've said for years that Viv can't give the "whole truth" as he'll lose any credibility he has on WJZ and in the locker rooms.

    WBAL may have the better signal but Steve Davis, Keith Mills, and Peter Schmuck are horrible to listen to when they do a show together. Steve comes across as smug and many times has the sound of "I'm better then you" in his voice. There is a reason he was demoted from full time to weekends at USA 9 in DC when he took the Head Sports Department position. And this was within three weeks of working there. Schumck is just that. And Keith is a local guy that at times needs to stop trying to be funny and just tell the facts. His jokes, at times, get in the way of the news he's trying to deliver.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08




  9. #21

    Re: What's up with NST?

    I've got to agree with Alex...

    Especially the Anita Marks part. That show is unlistenable. I only switch to her during commercial breaks on the better stations. She stutters and stammers worse than Porky Pig . .how did she ever get a broadcasting job?

    I'm guessing these had something to do with it...




  10. #22

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Mr. Sarcasm himself is somehow troubled about sarcasm directed back at him.

    Ratings say it all, my purple-bleeding friend. And thank you for allowing me to be entitled to my opinion.
    I try to respond to good manners with good manners, but whatever, as far as the sarcasm goes, do what you want.

    Ratings don't say it all, unless you are a fan of professional wrestling, and you absolutely are entitled to your opinion, however well (or otherwise) informed it may be.

    Also don't go listening to NST on my account, I really couldn't care less.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,451

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Nestor has drive and a great idea, but his bias gets in the way, IMO. He seems to think since the front office over at Camden Yards is bad, then the FO at 1 Winning Drive must also be bad.
    Not at all the case. For quite a long time he compared the two front offices and gave the Ravens high reviews while appropriately crapping on the Os' front office.

    When the Ravens deserved it he called them out. The facts are Billick was not handled well at all and the coaching search was not clean and smooth like a fan would hope. Please don't try and sell me that shit sandwich and call it tuna salad.




  12. #24

    Re: What's up with NST?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens23 View Post
    . .how did she ever get a broadcasting job?

    I'm guessing these had something to do with it...
    OUCH!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland