Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: It's Official now with Rex Ryan

I'm not impressed. It took Rex over half a season to figure out an effective defense for the no huddle offense. He could not come up with an effective pass rush. The secondary (even with CMac and Rolle) was a mess with the exception of the game against the Patriots. The Ravens do well against the run but have trouble against the pass. Like the defense, Rex is overrated.

Blog Entries

I'm really happy about this. Happier after watching the presser on baltimoreravens.com. Harbaugh stressed that "assistant head coach" was just that - not just a title to make someone feel better. Rex is going to have a lot of input into the decisions. Harbaugh is going to lean on him and expect his help. Rex says he's also going to pick Harbaugh's brains about the defensive scheme in Philadelphia so that he can use the info to make the Ravens defense better. They seemed to have a genuine rapport with each other. They're both around the same age (I think?) and I just feel that they'll form an excellent team to make the whole team click.

i like all the moves, harbs, cam & rex, I like it alot!! Just assistant coaches really need to be looked at. OL, DB,WR coaches especially

Love the news. Couldn't be more pleased with the signing of all the coaches.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

excelllent move...btw Billick was the problem with the team not rex hopefully he will be the hard ass his dad was
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by braven98
    excelllent move...btw Billick was the problem with the team not rex hopefully he will be the hard ass his dad was
    His dad was a windbag that never backed up his big words as a HC. I hope Rex is better than his old man.

So instead of just having him back as the DC, they toss the Assistant HC title his way?

And this was Harbaugh's idea?

Ummm, right.

PP

8. Re: It's Official now with Rex Ryan

I had my reservations about this, but not now. Not after I read Aaron's article. Rex and John have said all the right things. And unilke the previous coach, I believe them.

And trying it for 1 year can't hurt. You can always part ways down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    So instead of just having him back as the DC, they toss the Assistant HC title his way?

And this was Harbaugh's idea?

Ummm, right.

PP
    ummm, right...it was all Bisciotti's idea. Word is that he held a gun to the entire organization and said it is my way or the highway. He forced them to hire Harbaugh and then forced Harbaugh to extend Ryan and word is that he is going to force Rex to let Ray run the undisciplined defense exactly how he wants to. Bischiotti does this because he has no idea how to run an organization nor does he have any experience hiring people. Also the word is that if Ray gets to run the defense as he sees fit then Bisciotti gets a free rack of ribs every week.

Puhleeeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    ummm, right...it was all Bisciotti's idea. Word is that he held a gun to the entire organization and said it is my way or the highway. He forced them to hire Harbaugh and then forced Harbaugh to extend Ryan and word is that he is going to force Rex to let Ray run the undisciplined defense exactly how he wants to. Bischiotti does this because he has no idea how to run an organization nor does he have any experience hiring people. Also the word is that if Ray gets to run the defense as he sees fit then Bisciotti gets a free rack of ribs every week.

Puhleeeeze

:hammer: It is funny how so many people think SB is this unorganized idiot, who is a control freak. Who cares why he fired Billick, it needed to be done. Who cares if he said he was safe and then let him go, it is his descision, his money. Who cares if he ask the players how they feel, it is the players who have to play and if it is not working for them then make a change. I think we all need to give SB more credit, the guy know how to runa business seeming how he only makes like a billion a year (which i'm pretty sure is more than what this whole board will make in a lifetime combined)
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    :hammer: It is funny how so many people think SB is this unorganized idiot, who is a control freak. Who cares why he fired Billick, it needed to be done. Who cares if he said he was safe and then let him go, it is his descision, his money. Who cares if he ask the players how they feel, it is the players who have to play and if it is not working for them then make a change. I think we all need to give SB more credit, the guy know how to runa business seeming how he only makes like a billion a year (which i'm pretty sure is more than what this whole board will make in a lifetime combined)
    Who said SB is an unorganized idiot?

I care that he said one thing and then backtracked.

I care if he asks the players their feelings on whether or not to fire a coach.

Who the hell cares that he can run a staffing firm and make big money (a billion a year huh?).

Ooooo, he makes more money than us. I guess that means he can do no wrong as an NFL owner.

I love the "he makes millions so he knows how to run an NFL team" argument.

Take a look 40 miles down the road and tell me how that great business man runs his team.

And before you go all nuts, the comparison is just in regards that both have made a ton of money in the business world.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

Puhleeeeze
    Once again, just because he runs a staffing firm doesn't mean he's good at running an NFL team.

PP