Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ryan retained

just got the text msg from the ravens. I think this is a good thing. It should allow Harbaugh to focus on the offense more. Aids in the transition. Truly I think Rex realized that there wasn't too much out there for him this year.

Rex Ryan named Ravens Asst head coach

It's Official now with Rex Ryan

He's definitely here for 2008 season as defensive coordinator and Assistant Head Coach.

I'll assume terms, length of contact, etc. will be released at a later time.

Rex To Return In 2008
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Rex Ryan named Ravens Asst head coach

Hmmm....

Let's hope the jolly fat man makes it known to his defense that Harbs is the man, and they don't treat him as de facto head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Hmmm....

Let's hope the jolly fat man makes it known to his defense that Harbs is the man, and they don't treat him as de facto head coach.
    That right there has been my entire concern all along regarding retaining him.

Time will tell....
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: It's Official now with Rex Ryan

I am not doing backfips over this. Ryan was part of the discipline problem on the team. No punishment for Bart Scott throwing the flag and getting 2 huge penalties in the NE game was a joke.

Ryan better that group together and NOT step on Harbaugh's toes.

FM

Happy with this. I'm sure Harbs and Rex have discussed their roles in detail and Ryan will be quick to dampen any mutinous behavior from the inmates. This could actually strengthen Harbaugh's position by having a popular guy who has his back as his assistant.

At least this allows for consistency on D - we should once again comfortably be a top 10 unit again in 2008.

Blog Entries

I think this is a good move...Harbaugh is going to let the players know who's boss, when it comes to discipline issues. Ryan will learn from Harbaugh and SB about tips for becoming a HC in the future and will continue to give us dominating defensive play.

So in 2008, we'll have Cam Cameron leading our offense, Rex Ryan leading our defense, and John Harbaugh bringing it all together. I love this setup!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm of the opinion that Harbs should and Will provide the necessary discipline, regardless of what Rex will, or will not do - if not, he'll end up like BB. Harbs is the Head Man, and if he does not want his ship to sink, then he needs to take control - I think he will do that!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I am not doing backfips over this. Ryan was part of the discipline problem on the team. No punishment for Bart Scott throwing the flag and getting 2 huge penalties in the NE game was a joke.

Ryan better that group together and NOT step on Harbaugh's toes.

FM
    who gives a fuck we were on a 6 game losing streak at that point anyway.

The lack of discipline thing is severely over blown. People get pissed when they're losing, deal with it. It's good to maintain SOME continutiy especially on a unit that's been a strength.

My concern with Ryan is that his scheme, even with everyone healthy last eyar at the beginning, seemed to struggle a bit without the versatility of AD in there.

Main reason I like this hire: It lets us keep the highly regarded position coaches we already have. Rex gets to reorganize his staff but, I would guess, keep and possibly promote anyone deserving.

I expect Harbaugh will bring whatever tone he wants to the entire team. If he can't bring the attitude he wants to the defense, with Rex as DC, then we have a problem at HC. Hope springs eternal, and I think we'll be ok.

Those of you who think some members of our defense will become lambs are going to be disappointed, but keeping (or replacing) Rex has nothing to do with whether tigers will change their stripes.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Hmmm....

It's becoming very obvious that it is Bisciotti who is the man and that is where the players will continue to go to get their way.