Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: It's Official now with Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    His dad was a windbag that never backed up his big words as a HC. I hope Rex is better than his old man.
    Buddy Ryan was one tough SOB! He took No crap from anybody, and his '85 Bears Defense reflected that attitude - it's all about attitude, as far as I'm concerned. Hell, even Ditka knew not to mess with this guy during their SB run; the players loved him, and they would do anything for him!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

2. Re: It's Official now with Rex Ryan

:ww: :happyanim :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Once again, just because he runs a staffing firm doesn't mean he's good at running an NFL team.

PP
    true but what's the evidence for the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    true but what's the evidence for the contrary?
    It's called an opinion.

I know it's unpopular to ever question the mighty Ravens front office but I really don't care.

I question many of the things over the past few years.

If people are happy with what's gone on, that's fine.

Basically it's time to see them fill out the staff and on to the draft.

The issues that I and some others have with the FO have been discussed over and over on this board.

I'm sure we'll have plenty to debate in the near future.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52
    Who cares if he said he was safe and then let him go, it is his descision, his money.
    Actually, there are people who care about that. If you look someone in the eye and tell him he's coming back, and then one day just wake up and decide to go back on your word, yes, there are people who care about that.

That doesn't mean Bisciotti is an "unorganized idiot," but to say that no one cares how this went down is wrong.

But this is history now, I'm ready to move on. I didn't think Rex was coming back, but I like what I've heard from him and from Harbaugh this week. Hopefully they'll be a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Actually, there are people who care about that. If you look someone in the eye and tell him he's coming back, and then one day just wake up and decide to go back on your word, yes, there are people who care about that.

That doesn't mean Bisciotti is an "unorganized idiot," but to say that no one cares how this went down is wrong.

But this is history now, I'm ready to move on. I didn't think Rex was coming back, but I like what I've heard from him and from Harbaugh this week. Hopefully they'll be a good team.
    I did not say no one cares I said who cares. It is his team, it his decision. What was he supposed to do, say with several weeks left we are not sure if we want to keep him or not. It was handled properly. And for PP you are right, it is your opinion I guess I just don't understand what this FO has done to make you not trust there judgment over these last several years.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    It's called an opinion.

I know it's unpopular to ever question the mighty Ravens front office but I really don't care.

I question many of the things over the past few years.

If people are happy with what's gone on, that's fine.

Basically it's time to see them fill out the staff and on to the draft.

The issues that I and some others have with the FO have been discussed over and over on this board.

I'm sure we'll have plenty to debate in the near future.

PP
    cool... I was just looking for evidence that Bisciotti is calling the shots as many are so quick to assume. It's an easy stance to criticize the guys at the top especially if you don't need any evidence.

The Ravens front office has been respected throughout the NFl for the past 10 years. I don't think one coaching change nullifies all of that especially when it is not hard to make a case for the change.

To say that is was done in an Angelosian style is pretty silly to me but like you said it is just an opinion. If we are having tis same discussion in two years, I will praise your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    cool... I was just looking for evidence that Bisciotti is calling the shots as many are so quick to assume. It's an easy stance to criticize the guys at the top especially if you don't need any evidence.

The Ravens front office has been respected throughout the NFl for the past 10 years. I don't think one coaching change nullifies all of that especially when it is not hard to make a case for the change.

To say that is was done in an Angelosian style is pretty silly to me but like you said it is just an opinion. If we are having tis same discussion in two years, I will praise your opinion.
    My concerns run much deeper than the handling of the Billick firing.

You seem to be willing to take whatever the FO says at face value.

I'm much more skeptical.

PP