Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Wink Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

I hope so! :T2:

Read:

Jim Fassel is expected to be named head coach, and the hold-up is negotiations with the Ravens regarding Rex Ryan. As I previously reported, contrary to other reports, the Ravens retain Ryan's coordinator rights and can block a lateral move. They appear to be doing that. The sides may reach an agreement, but Ravens ownership badly wants to keep Ryan, who the players love. Fassel and Ryan spoke as recently as last night sources said and Ryan interviewed with Snyder Sunday night, according to sources.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

How about we let Coach Harbaugh decide for himself who his DC will be? The ownership wanting to keep him should not be a factor.

Either hire him as DC - or let him go... Even is it is the foreskins he deserves the right and respect to go wherever he wants to go.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    Either hire him as DC - or let him go...

I believe that Bisciotti has made it clear that, if Ryan did not get the Atlanta job, he wanted Ryan to return to Baltimore as the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    he deserves the right and respect to go wherever he wants to go.

Ryan signed a contract. He should have no more rights, or fewer, than that contract specifies. If the Ravens want to keep him, or allow him the right to negotiate with the Slurs as a trade for a draft choice, Ryan has no choice.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    If the Ravens want to keep him, or allow him the right to negotiate with the Slurs as a trade for a draft choice, Ryan has no choice.
    That may be true, but if he would rather hit the road, how does forcing him to stay help the Ravens? We don't need a coordinator who doesn't want to be here.

Maybe he does want to stay, I don't know, but if he doesn't, then let him go.

That could be a mistake by Mr Whimsey. Big deal he wants to keep Ryan, I know if I was Ryan I'd want to move on. Holding someone against their will is usually something that comes back and bites you in the butt. Let the guy go and let Harbaugh hire his own coach. At best you can only force him to stay for one more year, why not let Harbaugh establish his position.
    This strikes me as yet another case of Mr Whimsey being just to involved for my comfort.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I believe that Bisciotti has made it clear that, if Ryan did not get the Atlanta job, he wanted Ryan to return to Baltimore as the DC.

Ryan signed a contract. He should have no more rights, or fewer, than that contract specifies. If the Ravens want to keep him, or allow him the right to negotiate with the Slurs as a trade for a draft choice, Ryan has no choice.
    It's been abundantly clear for awhile that Ryan isn't getting the Atlanta job.

When they announced that they were re opening the search after Garrett turned them down, everyone in the FO should've realized this.

Hell, if us as fans can see it, why can't they?

It's now being reported that the Falcons have offered the job to Mike Smith. Gee, I can't believe it wasn't Ryan

Just cut the damn ties or hire him. But this waiting in limbo crap is getting VERY old.

And I sure hope Harbaugh is 100% behind this move. Somehow, I doubt it.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    How about we let Coach Harbaugh decide for himself who his DC will be? The ownership wanting to keep him should not be a factor.
    Amen to that!!!

If Harbaugh wants Ryan than I'll accept his decision even if I don't agree with it. If the Biscuit is forcing Ryan on him because the players like him or whatever, then we have just another example of Bisciotti looking more like an Angelos.

To me this is the same as franchising a player - A practice the Ravens don't employ for the reason that it makes hard feelings. This is the same thing, kick a guy in the teeth by giving him a token interview for the HC job and then force him to stay as DC. Not a smart move IMO.
    AZRAVEN

[

Somebody needs to explain to me how the Ravens holding Ryan hostage (so to speak) has anything to do with the Redskins hiring Fassell?

This basically says to me that if they can't get Ryan, they won't hire Fassell.

Am I reading into this the wrong way?

If they want Fassell, then hire the son of a bitch.

If you can't get Ryan, then let Fassell hire another DC.

Seems to me that outfit is getting run in one screwed up way. (Shocker )

Forcing Ryan to stay here via these means also teeters on operating the same way IMO.

If Harbaugh wants him, and Ryan wants to stay, then fine.

If either is not comfortable with the situation then Ryan should be free to go if he so chooses.

The last thing we need is a disguntled coach coaching a side of the ball that has already shown to have some disgruntled players.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Somebody needs to explain to me how the Ravens holding Ryan hostage (so to speak) has anything to do with the Redskins hiring Fassell?

This basically says to me that if they can't get Ryan, they won't hire Fassell.

Am I reading into this the wrong way?

If they want Fassell, then hire the son of a bitch.

If you can't get Ryan, then let Fassell hire another DC.

Seems to me that outfit is getting run in one screwed up way. (Shocker )

Forcing Ryan to stay here via these means also teeters on operating the same way IMO.

If Harbaugh wants him, and Ryan wants to stay, then fine.

If either is not comfortable with the situation then Ryan should be free to go if he so chooses.

The last thing we need is a disguntled coach coaching a side of the ball that has already shown to have some disgruntled players.
    This soap opera is getting old.

PP

Mike Smith has been named the new Head Coach of the Falcons per Yahoo Sports. Looks like Rex isn't cut out to be a Head Coach anywhere. If he was, wouldn't he have landed a job either last year or this year.

Rex needs to face facts that he'll alwasy be a Defensive genius and that's that. As for blocking a lateral move, the Ravens have every right to block him as long as he is being paid by them, even if he isn't a coach right now for the team.

With that being said, let Harbaugh pick his coaching staff, don't force a guy on him that 1) wanted the job from the start, 2) the defense wanted as it would help them continue their baby like attitude about "being treated like men," 3) may become a dagger to Harbaugh's back if the defense decides to turn on him like they did Billick.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08