Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sugges for Larry Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I'd rather keep Suggs than trade him for Williams.

But I see us needing a legit #1 WR as a missing piece of the puzzle on offense.

I know the cap situation is not bright. Too bad we can't make a play for Andre Davis...he is a FA. I suspect Houston will franchise him.

FM
    Franchise Andre Davis? I severely doubt that somehow. He played really well this year subbing for Andre Johnson when he was out but Davis isn't going to be able to command that big a contract at this stage of his career that the Texans would consider franchising him, I wouldn't have thought.

Blog Entries

I agree, can't see the Texans justifying making Andre Davis a top 5 receiver in pay...They'll maybe try to sign him to a one or two year deal and then try to trade him...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Texans will go after Davis hard this off season.

They love the fact they will have a one-two punch at receiver. No, he wont get top 5 pay and he knows that, playing behind Johnson. He will stay a Texan -- it's all over the papers here. He loves the town and wants to stay.

I know that Fitzgerald has a huge base salary and cap number because of escalators in his contract, but are there any indications that Arizona wants to trade him instead of simply restructuring and extending his deal?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I haven't seen or heard anything out here to indicate they don't want to keep him. They'd be fools to get rid of him IMO.
    AZRAVEN

[

My bad on the franchising comment on Andre Davis...I was thinking of Andre Johnson. When fantasy football season ends my player name sorting falls apart. Thanks for the FYI.

FM

from Dev's column on 1/17/08:

If Fitzgerald’s contract is not reworked by March and the negotiations hit a wall, the Ravens could dangle Suggs and make a swap. Instead of committing upwards of $20 million guaranteed to a hybrid pass-rusher, the Ravens could simply shift their salary allocation to Fitzgerald, who would fill a bigger need for the team.

OK, then we are just speculating.

I'd love to have Fitzgerald, but until there is some indication that Arizona is actually interested in moving him - which would shock me - then this is pretty much a non-issue.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Somehow I don't see any way the Cards would want to trade Fitzgerald, and for Suggs who had a down year. They could easily draft someone who could make just as much of an impact as Suggs.

Fitzgerald is turning into on the best recievers in the league, I don't see how AZ could part with him.

love the idea, but no way that is going to happen