Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Sugges for Larry Fitzgerald

What are your thoughts on franchising Suggs and then trading him to AZ for WR Larry Fitzgerald?

I like the idea.

FM

Re: Sugges for Larry Fitzgerald

No thanks.

One, we're on the edge of cap jail and Fitz would be a cap killer. Two, I am not in the camp (yet) that Suggs is done here. I think he had an off year this year. He's still a quality pass rusher, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No thanks.

One, we're on the edge of cap jail and Fitz would be a cap killer. Two, I am not in the camp (yet) that Suggs is done here. I think he had an off year this year. He's still a quality pass rusher, IMO.
    Then can we trade Dan Cody and a 2nd for Randy Moss?

Blog Entries

I like it, but something tells me we'd need to sweeten the deal for AZ to bite...

First of all, I think Arizona views Fitzgerald as a franchise type player. They want to build the offense around him. Yeah, he's an expensive player, but we're not going to trade McGahee just because we need a CB, are we?

Secondly, Fitzgerald is under contract for 2008, 09, and 10 i believe. Suggs would still need to agree to a long term contract there. Also, I don't think we have the cap room for Fitzgerald, he's owed about 14 mil next year, then 17 mil the following year.

Third, Fitzgerald is just coming off a monster year. Suggs is coming off a real vanilla year, where he certainly didn't impress anyone.

So, I think the trade would need to be Suggs + a high round draft pick for Fitzgerald. Maybe we can stoke a low rounder out of them, but I doubt it. Also, this would be contingent on Suggs agreeing to a long term deal with them...He wants to play there, but something tells me he wants a lot, they won't pay him, and so the trade gets called off.

btw, this is where I got my stats...http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/s.../11/11858/6693
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Then can we trade Dan Cody and a 2nd for Randy Moss?
    I think you're being sarcastic, but seriously, the 2nd round pick is the more important bait in that trade...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

If you're talking Suggs for a WR then I think Detroit would be his most likely destination. Roy Williams wants out of Detroit and apparently the Lions are seeking only a 2nd round pick! That seems like a bargain for a guy the calibre of Williams.

I'd rather keep Suggs than trade him for Williams.

But I see us needing a legit #1 WR as a missing piece of the puzzle on offense.

I know the cap situation is not bright. Too bad we can't make a play for Andre Davis...he is a FA. I suspect Houston will franchise him.

FM

I think Suggs for Boldin is more likely all around. I'll tak eRoy Williams too. I think it's easier to replace Suggs through the draft then to draft a WR like Flitz, Boldin or Williams.

Blog Entries

I'd probably go for LFitz 1st, but Suggs for Roy Williams would be a satisfactory trade to me. That dude is a BEAST.

Not sure what the contract status is for Boldin. He tore us up this year when we played AZ. Ivy was bouncing off him like a tennis ball.

FM

Once Mac and Rolle went down everybody tore up our secondary last season didn't they? I like Boldin a lot myself.
    AZRAVEN

[

Blog Entries

not true...we played good football against Cincy at home this year...Henry had 99 receiving yards, but Chad Johnson and TJ housh had pretty low numbers against us.