Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Behind the scene's look at the Ravens interview process with Coach J. Harbaugh.

Re: Behind the scene's look at the Ravens interview process with Coach J. Harbaugh.

Wow, Harbs is sharp!

Maybe reading this will put to rest all the Preston rumors about Ozzie pushing so hard for Marty Schottenheimer and the "divided front office"?

Re: Behind the scene's look at the Ravens interview process with Coach J. Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Maybe reading this will put to rest all the Preston rumors about Ozzie pushing so hard for Marty Schottenheimer and the "divided front office"?
    Doubtful. But Im with you on that one.

Definitely a good read that makes me like the guy even more.
    I read the Dick Cass piece a couple days ago and also found that to be a good read as well.
    Don't think you can argue with the process they use at all.
    It may be lengthy, but is definitely thorough.

In the end, you really don't know who or what you have until you see the results after time, but at least they start out with a real comfort level.

Somewhere on the official web site there is a video of Harbaugh coaching the Eagles special teams during training camp.
    I saw it yesterday and thought it was great.
    Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it.
    His attention to detail will not be an issue, nor do I think the way he relates to the players will be either.

Forgot to add also in that video area of the official site is a behind the scenes look at Harbaughs day when he got introduced as the head coach at the press conference.
    There's abit in there where he meets Art Modell.
    Check out the coffee table in front of Art in that room.
    Got to get me one of those!!
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 01-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thanks for the link. That was an excellent read.

There are those here who will call it a smokescreen, in favor of believing their chosen conspiracy theory. But I am inclined to believe it a fair description. Certainly the lines credited to Ozzie and to Steve are consistent with the descriptions of each leading into this process.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Thanks for the link. That was an excellent read.

There are those here who will call it a smokescreen, in favor of believing their chosen conspiracy theory. But I am inclined to believe it a fair description. Certainly the lines credited to Ozzie and to Steve are consistent with the descriptions of each leading into this process.
    Well, the man is in PR his job is to put the most positive spin possible. i'm sure the process description is accurate, but some details were clearly omitted IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    i'm sure the process description is accurate, but some details were clearly omitted IMO.
    Like what? Got proof?

Nope. No proof other than common sense. You'll only hear part of the story from a good PR guy, or he's not doing his whole job.

But, for instance, he sort of glossed over the whole Garrett not accepting the job, there's probably more to that story than what is there.

But, for instance, he sort of glossed over the whole Garrett not accepting the job, there's probably more to that story than what is there.

I'm sure there is, but does it really matter at this point?
    That's probably part of the reason that stuff isn't printed.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Nope. No proof other than common sense. You'll only hear part of the story from a good PR guy, or he's not doing his whole job.

The link to Cass' story provides a little more insight into the Garrett situation. Also, I think Garrett took the $$ that Jones was offering him to stay put. He needs more experience anyway.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

As I've stated numerous times in my previous posts, I've been concerned about Ozzie's interest, or lack thereof, in hiring Harbs as the HC. That has now been dismissed, thanks to the above link - it makes me feel better about the whole process. Also, I believe stronger than ever in this process, and the success it breeds. Thanks, again, for the link!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    As I've stated numerous times in my previous posts, I've been concerned about Ozzie's interest, or lack thereof, in hiring Harbs as the HC. That has now been dismissed, thanks to the above link - it makes me feel better about the whole process. Also, I believe stronger than ever in this process, and the success it breeds. Thanks, again, for the link!
    I personally really do like the Harbaugh hiring. HOWEVER, if I was someone that didn't, reading a blog posted by the Ravens PR director is not something that would make me feel better about it, that's all I'm saying.