Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rex speaks.... "I hope everything works out financially, but I'm going right to my office at the Ravens tomorrow

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5878649.story

I hope he stays and they get it done !!

Blog Entries

Re: Rex speaks.... "I hope everything works out financially, but I'm going right to my office at the Ravens tomorrow

if he really does want to stay here, there's nothing to be worked out. Keep him at his same contract and that's it...I think he has talked to other teams about being DC but wants us to pony up some money for him.

If he wants to stay, then I think we should block anyone else from getting him. If he wants to leave, I say let him leave, with or without compensation.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Rex speaks.... "I hope everything works out financially, but I'm going right to my office at the Ravens tomorrow

Call me an idiot here (wouldn't be the first time), but it sounds like Rex Ryan will be the defensive coordinator at least for the short term.

Biscotti has said numerous times he'd like to retain Rex if he wasn't hired as a head coach.

Harbaugh has come out and said he loves Rex, and it is basically his decision (Rexs') what he wants to do.

Now we have Rex saying he'd like to remain here and hope it works out.

Sounds like it pretty much comes down to.....

Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

idiot...

I don;t really believe that but I didn't want to left hanging after asking for it.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    idiot...

I don;t really believe that but I didn't want to left hanging after asking for it.

LOL

The wife will be home soon enough, I can assure you I wouldn't have been left hanging that long.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

my question is should we up his contract? Don't get me wrong, I think Rex is worth his weight in gold. I think Ron Rivera would do a fine job with the D, but I think Rex would do better. But since he's already under contract, why do we need to "work out financials?" He has a contract for him to work here for X amount of dollars, only reason I can see that changing is if we title him Assistant HC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

They will likely up his pay as a reward for wanting to stay around even though he was passed over for the HC job. It's a pretty common practice.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Didn't Rex just get a raise when he was passed over for the San Diego job last year? It was a 2 year deal with a substantial bump, IIRC.

Lots of people are overthinking this.

Sometimes what's happening is exactly what people say is happening.

Thank you Ravor for returning to us, your common sense is always welcome.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    my question is should we up his contract? Don't get me wrong, I think Rex is worth his weight in gold. I think Ron Rivera would do a fine job with the D, but I think Rex would do better. But since he's already under contract, why do we need to "work out financials?" He has a contract for him to work here for X amount of dollars, only reason I can see that changing is if we title him Assistant HC.
    The reason is if Harbaugh truly wants Rex as his D-Coordinator then we should try to sign him to a longer term deal. He has been passed over for HC positions 2 years in a row, the team should plan for him being the D-coordinator for the foreseeable (sic?) future. Just like you don't wait until a player becomes a free agent to renew his contract.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    LOL

The wife will be home soon enough, I can assure you I wouldn't have been left hanging that long.
    Just tryin to help
    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    The reason is if Harbaugh truly wants Rex as his D-Coordinator then we should try to sign him to a longer term deal. He has been passed over for HC positions 2 years in a row, the team should plan for him being the D-coordinator for the foreseeable (sic?) future. Just like you don't wait until a player becomes a free agent to renew his contract.

If I had to guess we'll re-sign him and he'll get a nice extension. I think they want our new coaching staff to be around as is (or as soon will be) for a long time unless someone screws the pooch.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

IF AND ONLY IF Rex is Harbs FIRST CHOICE for DC, and NOT the Dynamic Duo (of SB and Cass) speaking, then I feel Rex is entitled to a meritorious raise. Along with the raise, give him an extension, to help ease the ignominy of being passed over for HC, after many years of loyal service to both the organization and the fans of Bmore.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton