Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Monday Night Football Commentators

I cannot stand Kornheiser at all.

I didn't watch much last night but from what I did see there wasn't the stupid email's with the "Tony, Tony, Tony" crap.

Did I just miss them or did they wake up and realize that

1. It's a dumb segment and...

2. It's even more dumb to ask the least knowledgeable commentator to comment on viewer's emails.

PP

Torico is pretty good but Korhnolio is really bad. I think Dennis Miller was even better...at least he's somewhat funny.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

It's even more dumb to ask the least knowledgeable commentator to comment on viewer's emails.
    It's clear they're trying to mix in a little PTI flavor because Kornheiser is in the booth. I don't like it either, it just seems out of place and seems to be distracting from the game.

I never liked Al Michaels, from the beginning. He is NOT a football guy. I did get used to him though, after many years, " the bo-all is spotted on the ...." Don't miss him at all, and even though tirico is very knowledgeable, he is Way Too Vanilla(no pun intended). Now Theisman is a different story, have never been able to stand him. He sucks up to EVERYONE, and often completely mis-reads what he is seeing. However, at least in the first game, Tony has Called him on his suck-upiness.... I like that! Tony is Tony.. His humor and view of things is an acquired taste, and I have a voracious appetite for it! . All in all, it is MUCH better than John 's stating and re-stating the already obvious. "You see, he takes the ball here, and runs it over here...and those kinds a things...." Wow John, did he really do that?... We woulda never known... It will get better, more accurately, we, well at least I will get accustomed to it, and wonder ... Al who?, John who?

I'll reserve judgement until the games count. Neither Sunday Night nor Monday Nights games have seemed very special to me yet. I think Kornheiser will be ok once the regular season starts, but I to thought the 'hey tony, hey tony, hey tony'[ segment was just DUMB.

Michaels is by far my favorite play-by-play man, and Madden is just hilarious with his exagerrations and takes. It's also funny to hear his unintentionally sexual comments. During a Bengals game, he said "the Bengals lead the league in Johnsons". Not to mention last year's classic about "running the ball right up the A-hole".

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    During a Bengals game, he said "the Bengals lead the league in Johnsons". Not to mention last year's classic about "running the ball right up the A-hole".
    I think Madden is starting to loose it. But, he is still very knowledgable and he is entertaining. I like hearing his goofy takes as well.

By the way did you hear him use the term Cankles (pronounced Kan-kels). and circle the O-linemens ankles a few years ago.

A Cankle is when your Calves are so fat that they run right down to your ankles, thus; 'cankles'.

His speach was hillarious and I think only interesting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hurting
    By the way did you hear him use the term Cankles (pronounced Kan-kels). and circle the O-linemens ankles a few years ago.

A Cankle is when your Calves are so fat that they run right down to your ankles, thus; 'cankles'.

His speach was hillarious and I think only interesting to him.

I don't remember that, but it sounds like classic Madden!

As much as I WANT to like Cornheiser, I can't (on MNF). PTI is great and Tony is a big reason why the show has been so successful, but his schtick doesn't work for MNF.

Theisman is absolute garbage, as was the SNF crew last season. If they want an ex-player up in the booth for commentating, I would think they could do better than Theisman. I know I'm being a big homer here, but Tom Matte would be good for the job (I know, I know).

I actually think Tirico is OK, it's just that the other two guys are no good. Cornheiser should stick to the radio and PTI, and Theisman just needs to go.

I think Mike Tirico is pretty good on the play-by-play, but Theisman can be annoying. I'm not sure what I think of Kornheiser yet, although I agree that the e-mail segment is moronic. It doesn't help that the questions they select to read are idiotic, at least they were for the first game.

I have my doubts about Theisman and Kornheiser being able to coexist all season long, given that they both love to hear themselves talk.

It could be worse. Remember Dennis Miller?

I say give it time. These games are boring enough as it is. Lets see how it goes when its the regular season