Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brian Billick employed again ???

With the expected hiring of Mike Smith as head coach for the Atlanta Falcons could Brian Billick look to his brother -in -law who is Mike Smith for a new job? Brian gave him (Mike Smith ) a shot while here with the Ravens.. Mind you Brian is getting paid a hefty sum to relax and sip lemonade for the next few years.. but if nothing else its something to ponder.........

Re: Brian Billick employed again ???

No chance IMO.

PP

Billick has been a head coach for nine years, won a Super Bowl and took his team to the playoffs numerous times -- I would be very surprised if he took a coordinator job anywhere next year. If I were him, I'd take the year off and try to make the five million coming to him offset the fact that Bisciotti stabbed him in the back after telling him that he'd be returning as HC.

If he's employed next year, it will probably be with a network, not as an assistant coach somewhere.

No one in his right mind would hire Billick as an OC or assistant. He hasn't proven he can manage a game, call plays or run a 2-minute drill in 9 years. Outside of Bmore, Billick is thought of as the arrogant offensive "genius" who never lived up to that label.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac
    He hasn't proven he can manage a game, call plays or run a 2-minute drill in 9 years.
    Wow, then he must have been the luckiest guy in the world to win more games than he lost during those nine years, seeing how he's such a moron.

Man, Losac, such hatred. I would say the 13-3 record last year proves he can still do those things. Couple that with his offenses at Minnesota and I think your assessment is both harsh and off target.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    No one in his right mind would hire Billick as an OC or assistant. He hasn't proven he can manage a game, call plays or run a 2-minute drill in 9 years. Outside of Bmore, Billick is thought of as the arrogant offensive "genius" who never lived up to that label.
    Im wondering what your expectations are for Harbaugh.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Billick isn't a good game manager, but he has managed just the offense successfully. I think he is a better HC candidate than an OC candidate because he is a better planner than manager during a game.

That said, if he only has to concentrate on offense instead of the whole team plus logistics he could probably game plan his ass off.

Whatever some people think, he will get plenty of looks and another HC job when/if he is ready.

Around the league people think Billick has won games and has a lot of players who love the guy. The media as a whole might not like him but the actual people in the league are high on the guy.

He'll cash his Bisciotti checks and do some network gig that is 10% the work being an NFL HC is. And he will do it well, he will be prepared and informative.

I don't think theres any way you see Billick coach this year or next. Why? IMO no reason to, you are making 5 mil a year to do nothing. Why put yourself back into the grind of being a HC in the NFL?
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't think theres any way you see Billick coach this year or next. Why? IMO no reason to, you are making 5 mil a year to do nothing. Why put yourself back into the grind of being a HC in the NFL?
    He will miss the competition. I would bet he would get back in. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if he did the network gig for a year and really liked it he might stay with that.

No chance ...

That would mean he would take a step backward AND lose his fat Ravens paycheck to sit around and do nothing.

He will be on TV next season. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No chance ...

That would mean he would take a step backward AND lose his fat Ravens paycheck to sit around and do nothing.

He will be on TV next season. Mark my words.
    you are absoutly right. There is no chance he coaches next year because he would not come close to 5 million a year anywhere else. He may coach again but i would bet not for atleast 2 years.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim