Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Wink Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

Slurs fan message boards are postulating that Snyder interviewed Ryan for the HC position -- under the premise that he could not hire Ryan as his DC w/o compensation. It is so SNAFU'd at Redskins Park right now, anything is possible.

:happyanim
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

what annoys me is NO ONE in the media is blasting the Redskins yet...we tried to sign one coach and when he decided to skip out, we got LAMBASTED as idiots and buffoons. Daniel Snyder can't make up his mind about who he wants, thinks he wants someone on staff, then thinks he wants a breath of fresh air, now can't make up his mind...we hear NOTHING crticising this. They look like worse idiots than we were, at least we showed we had a train of thought for our HC goal and a plan in the end.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

Yes, the Skins look like buffoons but that's par for the course down there.

It doesn't mean we need to get sucked into their stupid games.

I'm on the opinion that Rex should move on.

BUT.

If they are gonna keep him then just F'n say he's coming back and work on an extension if that's the hold up.

It's not as if he's holding the FO hostage and leveraging between the two teams.

And if Harbaugh wants him so bad then why are they contemplating a pick from the Skins?

For people talking about a 3rd rounder, gimme a break. That isn't happening although if for some miracle it did, Snyder would be the owner to do it.

Most likely we're talking about a very late round pick. If that's the case then just bag that whole idea if Ryan is wanted here so much.

Tell Snyder to F off and stop with this charade.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Conjecture, hearsay, speculation, not one morsel of known fact here! Ah, but go ahead, opine away!.... Sorry, looks like I am picking on you. I'm not. Yours was the last of these speculative posts I came to, and I decided to "quote" you. I feel the same about over half the posts in this thread!
    Not sure exactly what offended you so greatly in my post but oh well. I don't see anything I posted that I know to be untrue and if expressing an opinion that disagrees with your view of things is no longer allowed I guess they need to amend the posting rules.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor
    So, I'm sure it's not totally clear-cut, but that doesn't mean that Ryan is being foisted on Harbaugh against Harbaugh wishes (which is the point that I was responding to).
    I don't disagree with that -- it sounds like Harbaugh is comfortable with Rex coming back. The initial press reports made it seem as if it was Bisciotti's idea, but if Harbaugh is fine with it, and it seems that he is, then I don't see it as a problem.

With one disclaimer -- Rex hopefully wants to come back, with the right attitude. If he's miffed that he didn't get the HC job, that could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    If they are gonna keep him then just F'n say he's coming back and work on an extension if that's the hold up.

It's not as if he's holding the FO hostage and leveraging between the two teams.

And if Harbaugh wants him so bad then why are they contemplating a pick from the Skins?
    Well, for awhile, he apparently was miffed at the team, so I guess that they have spent some time mending fences, which may explain the delay.

I also don't believe they would hold onto him if he said he absolutely wanted out, so that's probably where some of the discussion about "trading" him came from (which I'm still not sure is possible anyway). That also - at least until his recent pronouncements that he wants to stay - could have given him some leverage.

FWIW, Aaron Wilson seems to think it could get done tomorrow since both Ozzie and Rex will be back from the Senior Bowl by then.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't disagree with that -- it sounds like Harbaugh is comfortable with Rex coming back. The initial press reports made it seem as if it was Bisciotti's idea, but if Harbaugh is fine with it, and it seems that he is, then I don't see it as a problem.

With one disclaimer -- Rex hopefully wants to come back, with the right attitude. If he's miffed that he didn't get the HC job, that could be a problem.
    Agreed. Rex seems like a guy who will be professional about it. Had it been Garrett, I don't think he'd want to come back, but Harbaugh seems to be a different story.

That, and a decent bump in pay won't hurt either.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

caught something interesting in the Baltimore Sun piece about the hushed nature of the Reskins search...http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5967536.story

A person familiar with the selection process, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Associated Press yesterday that New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and possibly New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels are on Snyder's radar, even though they won't be available for talks until the Super Bowl is played Feb. 3.
    Josh McDaniels, eh? Either Daniel Snyder is stupid and doesn't remember him telling everyone he wasn't interested in HC gigs this year, or it's almost another Joe Girardi thing, where Baltimore "just wasn't the right opportunity", but the team with Rich Uncle Moneybags just happens to be "the right fit"

We'll see how this plays out...McDaniel might get lumped in with Garrett in my book as young, snooty a-holes.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Not sure exactly what offended you so greatly in my post but oh well. I don't see anything I posted that I know to be untrue and if expressing an opinion that disagrees with your view of things is no longer allowed I guess they need to amend the posting rules.
    I don't see anything you posted that is known to be true either! This is all speculation and seems it seems unnecesary to create rumors, and problems where there may not be any!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    caught something interesting in the Baltimore Sun piece about the hushed nature of the Reskins search...http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5967536.story

Josh McDaniels, eh? Either Daniel Snyder is stupid and doesn't remember him telling everyone he wasn't interested in HC gigs this year, or it's almost another Joe Girardi thing, where Baltimore "just wasn't the right opportunity", but the team with Rich Uncle Moneybags just happens to be "the right fit"

We'll see how this plays out...McDaniel might get lumped in with Garrett in my book as young, snooty a-holes.
    Lets put it this way...
    If Josh McDaniels either goes for an interview or gets hired then we know he was not a good choice to be here just based on character alone.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

I'd end up laughing, because McDaniels going to the Redskins is a disaster in waiting. Kid isn't ready, he's not that great, and it's the Redskins. This is the same team that fired Marty Schottenheimer for going 8-8 his first year with the team!

If he goes, it's his own damn fault when he gets kicked to the curb.

12. Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Who says he isn't?

Bisciotti has said that Harbaugh can pick his own staff and Harbaugh has said he wants Ryan back.

Also, Rex has said that he and Harbaugh have talked every day since Harbaugh was hired.
    Ok, if that is the case then what are we talking about? Why hasn't the job been filled and announced as such? So much conjecture about Ryan's status? Is he under contract, isn't he?

If he is the guy Harbaugh wants why hasn't that been made clear and this thread is pointless. He's under contract and is still the DC.

I am addressing more of the quotes in the paper that Bischotti wants Ryan back. Sorry, I know he's the owner but who cares what he wants. He helped choose a coach, now let the coach do his job. I think we just get too used to letting the owner meddle with his toys instead of letting people put their plan in place.