Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 93
  1. #13

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?



    Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    Mike Smith has been named the new Head Coach of the Falcons per Yahoo Sports. Looks like Rex isn't cut out to be a Head Coach anywhere. If he was, wouldn't he have landed a job either last year or this year.

    Rex needs to face facts that he'll alwasy be a Defensive genius and that's that. As for blocking a lateral move, the Ravens have every right to block him as long as he is being paid by them, even if he isn't a coach right now for the team.

    With that being said, let Harbaugh pick his coaching staff, don't force a guy on him that 1) wanted the job from the start, 2) the defense wanted as it would help them continue their baby like attitude about "being treated like men," 3) may become a dagger to Harbaugh's back if the defense decides to turn on him like they did Billick.
    Exactly.

    Block Ryan after passing him over?

    That's borderline embarrassing IMO.

    PP




  2. Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    This soap opera is getting old.

    PP
    It's mind baffeling to me.

    He's under contract with us....great.

    If the dude would prefer to go, then let his ass go.

    If he would like to stay and be DC, then so be it I suppose.

    There are no more head coaching jobs available now.

    You're either going to be the DC here or working for another franchise.

    If Ryan really doesn't want to be here, and wants to be in DC, couldn't he just resign?

    Certainly he'd be forfiting $$, but I'm sure little danny will stuff his pockets back up for making that decision to come to Washington.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  3. #15

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    And what if Snyder decides not to pony up anything for Ryan (which is likely IMO)?

    Then what?

    We've got Ryan as our DC after passing him over for Harbaugh AND blocking him from moving to another team.

    Brilliant!

    PP




  4. #16

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic
    If Ryan really doesn't want to be here, and wants to be in DC, couldn't he just resign?
    This is the storyline that has baffled and annoyed me for the past two weeks. It was widely reported that Billick's entire staff, including Rex, were fired along with Billick. Then it was reported that although he was fired, he was stilll technically under contract, so we could keep him if we really wanted to. What?

    If he wants to stay, and if Harbaugh wants him, then that's fine, but if his heart isn't in it, it would make the Ravens look like petty morons for keeping him here, especially after interviewing for the HC job and passing on him.

    The Ravens let Marvin Lewis make a lateral move to D.C., so why not let Ryan do the same, if that's what he wants?




  5. #17

    Wink Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Exactly.

    Block Ryan after passing him over?

    That's borderline embarrassing IMO.

    PP
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It's mind baffeling to me.

    He's under contract with us....great.

    If the dude would prefer to go, then let his ass go.

    If he would like to stay and be DC, then so be it I suppose.

    There are no more head coaching jobs available now.

    You're either going to be the DC here or working for another franchise.

    If Ryan really doesn't want to be here, and wants to be in DC, couldn't he just resign?

    Certainly he'd be forfiting $$, but I'm sure little danny will stuff his pockets back up for making that decision to come to Washington.
    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to fulfilling contracts, but I totally disagree with you guys: Rex remains under contract with the Ravens. He cannot just go down the road 40 miles to get another deal as a DC while under contract with our team as a DC.

    I have contracts. I don't always like being under them -- but I always honor them. How is Rex any different?

    As to Rex becoming disgruntled -- fuck 'em. He's a grown man, making maybe a million dollars. He will perform the Ravens DC function as a professional - without pouting. He wants a future in the NFL.

    On the other hand, if Cerrato offers us a 3rd rounder as compemsation: let him go!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  6. #18

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    And what if Snyder decides not to pony up anything for Ryan (which is likely IMO)?

    Then what?

    We've got Ryan as our DC after passing him over for Harbaugh AND blocking him from moving to another team.

    Brilliant!

    PP
    I don't want the season to start back up PP. You and I are agreeing more than ever, and I kind of like it!

    I'm still not for even bringing him back. It's a bad move, and it opens up the locker room for further dissention and clicking.

    How long before some of the defense players just become "Ryan's Boys", and starts doing to Harbaugh what they did to Billick. Ray Lewis has been pretty much allowed to say and do what he wants in public. Don't think for a second he won't throw Coach Harbaugh under the bus for the sake of Rex Ryan.

    Cut him loose, let him go with Fassel to the Skins. Whatever, just let him clear out his desk and go. We don't need this.




  7. #19

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    and



    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to fulfilling contracts, but I totally disagree with you guys: Rex remains under contract with the Ravens. He cannot just go down the road 40 miles to get another deal as a DC while under contract with our team as a DC.

    I have contracts. I don't always like being under them -- but I always honor them. How is Rex any different?
    Because this is Bisciotti deciding to honor their contracts and pay them. This isn't the coach demanding he stay.

    And didn't Bisciotti say the new HC could choose NOT to retain them? So then what? Are they still under contract then?

    As to Rex becoming disgruntled -- fuck 'em. He's a grown man, making maybe a million dollars. He will perform the Ravens DC function as a professional - without pouting. He wants a future in the NFL.
    It's not him I'm worried about.




  8. #20

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    and



    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to fulfilling contracts, but I totally disagree with you guys: Rex remains under contract with the Ravens. He cannot just go down the road 40 miles to get another deal as a DC while under contract with our team as a DC.

    I have contracts. I don't always like being under them -- but I always honor them. How is Rex any different?

    As to Rex becoming disgruntled -- fuck 'em. He's a grown man, making maybe a million dollars. He will perform the Ravens DC function as a professional - without pouting. He wants a future in the NFL.

    On the other hand, if Cerrato offers us a 3rd rounder as compemsation: let him go!
    If you want to compare your work with the NFL, that's up to you.

    Not me though. Your rules and their rules might look the same on paper but we both know that's not the reality.

    Im sorry but after first passing over him for a guy who's never been a DC and then holding him back from the Skins job is a terrible move.

    The guy is looking at a new HC that's never been a coordinator. Meanwhile, Rex has overseen 3 top 10 defenses (#1 overall in 2006).

    You've got half the defensive stars that wanted him back and he wanted the job. Now you're gonna force him to stay when you know for a fact that another team wanted him and he may want to go to that team?

    Bad idea.

    Very bad.

    But you are right in that the Ravens are well within their rights to do what they want.

    It certainly doesn't mean it's the best move for the team however.

    PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 01-23-2008 at 08:58 PM.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    T - you want Ryan to stay solely because he's under contract?

    What if Harbaugh wants to go another direction at DC but Bisciotti is pushing for Rex? I'm not comfortable with that and it'd be a move Danny Snyder or Peter Angelos would make. Let Harbaugh pick who he wants. If he really wants Rex, great. But Bisciotti wanting to retain him should not be a factor in his decision.




  10. #22

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac
    What if Harbaugh wants to go another direction at DC but Bisciotti is pushing for Rex? I'm not comfortable with that and it'd be a move Danny Snyder or Peter Angelos would make. Let Harbaugh pick who he wants.
    I couldn't agree more. This should be Harbaugh's decision, not Bisciotti's.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Bisciotti is already paying Billick $15 million, so it's not the money he's worried about.

    Harbaugh absolutely should be allowed to pick the DC he wants with no interference. It's apparent that the FO is forcing Ryan on him. I have a feeling they forced Cameron on him too.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  12. #24

    Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Bisciotti is already paying Billick $15 million, so it's not the money he's worried about.

    Harbaugh absolutely should be allowed to pick the DC he wants with no interference. It's apparent that the FO is forcing Ryan on him. I have a feeling they forced Cameron on him too.
    Pretty much.

    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland