Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Ravens thwarting Redskins hiring of Rex Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Hiring Dennis Green would actually be an uncharacteristically good move by Al Davis, but I'm not sure why Green would want the job. Maybe the challenge of lifting the Raiders out of the ashes appeals to his competitive nature, but working for Davis sounds like a nightmare for a HC.
    Agreed. There was a reason they were left with Lane Kiffin as their head coach.

No, but on PTI tonight, Kornhole noted that their record since they went to the Super Bowl a few years back is 19-71.

That's really, REALLY bad. And if Davis does run Kiffin out of town, they will next year have, by my count, their fifth HC in the past six years. Kiffen just got hired last year, Shell was only there one season, and I think Norv Turner was only there for two, and before that it was Callahan. Nice continuity there, Al.
    who in there right mind would want to coach there. If you don't get them to the playoffs in your first year crazy old Al will fire you, yea real attractive job opportunity. maybe that is why we have not signed Rex, Al might want him since he wants to be a HC and nobody wants him to be a HC.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    There was a reason they were left with Lane Kiffin as their head coach.
    I think that was the dumbest HC hiring since the cheap-ass Bengals hired one of Don Shula's kids to coach Cincy a few years back. His own players called him "Opie" because he was so young. I'm guessing that guys like Warren Sapp didn't have the sort of respect toward 32 year-old Kiffen that a player ought to have for a HC. If you have a forceful personality, like maybe Gruden had when the Raiders hired him at a young age, you can pull it off, but Kiffen looks like Shula's kid to me. In over his head. He looks more like a water boy or equipment manager than a HC.

I'm not an age discrimination guy, but if you look like you just started shaving a couple of years ago, you probably shouldn't be the HC of an NFL team.

I think that was the dumbest HC hiring since the cheap-ass Bengals hired one of Don Shula's kids to coach Cincy a few years back. His own players called him "Opie" because he was so young. I'm guessing that guys like Warren Sapp didn't have the sort of respect toward 32 year-old Kiffen that a player ought to have for a HC. If you have a forceful personality, like maybe Gruden had when the Raiders hired him at a young age, you can pull it off, but Kiffen looks like Shula's kid to me. In over his head. He looks more like a water boy or equipment manager than a HC.

I'm not an age discrimination guy, but if you look like you just started shaving a couple of years ago, you probably shouldn't be the HC of an NFL team.
    No shit. If you had heard the fuss everyone was making in the bay area, you would have thought this kid could have walked on water.

With that said, I dont think he got a fair shake either. Going to Oakland and dealing with all of Davis's BS is enough to distract any coach, let alone one so young.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't see what's the big deal of the OWNER of the COMPANY wants to have a say in whats going on?
    If you owned a Lemonade stand you'd have your sleeves rolled up as you picked ou thte lemon's and sugar, you KNOW it... NFL teams are HALF A BILLION dollar companies... I think he shol dhave a little say in who works in importasnt places...
    Um, try whole billion !

Al needs to turn this franchise over to someone else before he entirely ruins his legacy! The man has meant a Friggin LOT to the NFL, but he is now fast approaching laughing stock status!

Hiring Dennis Green would actually be an uncharacteristically good move by Al Davis, but I'm not sure why Green would want the job. Maybe the challenge of lifting the Raiders out of the ashes appeals to his competitive nature, but working for Davis sounds like a nightmare for a HC.
    I wasn't all that impressed with the job Green did out here. A great many of his decisions were very suspect and they couldn't be blamed on the Bidwill's because they are taking pretty much a hands off approach the last few years. Green had all the authority and power he could have asked for and still didn't accomplish that much. Of course, as I say I loved his meltdowns.
    AZRAVEN

[

Seriously folks. There's been a lot of arguing on this board about how they didn't like the way the Billick firing and subsequent coaching search was handled, but look at what is going on in Washington and Oakland and we should be thanking our lucky stars we have the front office we do. Sure, it wasn't a perfect situation, but at least we aren't dealing with those train wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac
    Seriously folks. There's been a lot of arguing on this board about how they didn't like the way the Billick firing and subsequent coaching search was handled, but look at what is going on in Washington and Oakland and we should be thanking our lucky stars we have the front office we do.
    That's for sure -- Snyder interviewed Gregg Williams four times and then fired him! How does that happen? I guess he must have finally said something wrong in that fourth interview.

Bisciotti didn't look very good in how he handled the Billick firing, but he's no Snyder, and definitely no Al Davis, who appears to be crazy.