Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT-No Game for the McGroins tomorrow

Subtitled: Water Damage sucks!!

Had a bit of a disaster over the last week. The rain on election day and this week has wreaked havoc on our addition. Water got into the house and the basement making a huge mess.

The contractor has been top-notch in his response, so everything is being taken care of thank goodness.

Unfortunately the cleanup is taking much longer than we thought and we need tomorrow to make sure everything is dried out.

Sorry we'll miss the fun, but the game will be on the projector so at least I'll be able to see it. My youngest nephew (known to some of you as "Mr. Wild Turkey") will be taking the tickets and parking pass. Please make sure you abuse him mercilessly.

Have fun, we'll see you at the Squeelers game.

Re: OT-No Game for the McGroins tomorrow

Hold on here a second . . . . is this the same nephew who you lost a couple of games ago and then slept in the car all night after the game? Who is babysitting him?

Sorry about the water damage . . . damn rain.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Yep, that's him! Hopefully he learned his lesson, but since he's got McGroin genes I kinda doubt it.

Yeah, the water really kicked our ass. I'd hate to see the contractor's insurance rates after he's done fixing everything. Yow!

Damn, I'll bet I'm gonna miss crapdip too. Shit.

Bummer dude.....:(
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You missed some great crapdip and a good game. I didn't see your nephew Holden McGroin.

Holden was probably nervous about dropping by. I made a tactical error in telling him that I posted that he'd be there.

I did watch most of the game while I was moving dehumdifiers and fans around and throwing out wet crap.

The McGroins sure know how to have a good time.

Make sure you're dried out before next Sunday, Bucko!!!

We've decided as a collective that we MUST get to the tailgate lot early ( . . . . this from the people who arrive last ) to claim our space.

We were kinda lost without you guys there yesterday morning. We were grillless until Greg arrived . . . . might have to purchase a backup grill for emergency purposes
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I made it mandatory yesterday that everybody arrives at the tailgate spot by 9am E.S.T. Camden and I were there a little after 8:30 and waited an hour before somebody finally showed up. The intent is to get there before any inbreds can take out spots like last year. Although, I don't think we need to worry about those particular people this year

We have also decided to up the alcohol content from yesterday...OK, maybe that's just me but I am sure somebody will join me

The house has pretty much dried out and we do have a new shingled roof, so hopefully there'll be not repeat rainstorms inside the house. :grbac:

I usually try to get there and setup by 8:30, so next Sunday shouldn't be an issue for the grill, although I've run into enemy fans already there even when I get there on time. I would imagine the hilljacks that are bright enough to tell time would be early as well.

Since it's a Squeeler game, more alcohol is a foregone conclusion.
    Last edited by Pat McGroin; 11-20-2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Sorry you couldn't make it yesterday, McGroin, and glad things are getting sorted out with the addition.

It was somewhat subdued yesterday. As stipulated by General Kevin, we must be there by 8.30 next week to hold our ground. There were rumors that celery might be involved. Last time special aerodynamically optimated celery was purchased from a mysterious Chinese lady in Lexington Market. I can look into getting more if people feel it is appropriate.

Note to admin - we need a celery tossing emoticon.

DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give those Stealers hell!!:bag:

Celery! Celery!
    It she don't some...we'll tickle her bum!
    With a lump of Celery!:D