Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cameron is in!

Re: Cameron is in!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe
    Is Cameron bringing a legit QB and a legit #1 WR with him?
    I've got no problem at all with the hire.
    But let's not forgot what he's got to work with here.
    I agree that Cameron alone is not going to transform the offense overnight, because we clearly need some personnel upgrades, but it's still a good hire. He is not going to be a miracle worker but we needed an OC, and he's as good as there was out there.

I'm happy with this move. I'm interested now to see who the DC is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Oh how right you are, PP! We need some horses on Offense, and not just McGahee and our currently bench-ridden Pro Bowl TE. We need a #1 WR worse than politicians need an enima!
    You cannot say shit like that when I am eating soup in front of the computer man!!! :p

Seriously, I like the idea of more downfield action, and keeping in some blockers.

BUT we're gonna need a real-life playmaking Wide Reciever before we can make that work week in and out.

I love Mason. But he isn't that guy.

Mark Clayton is turning out not to be that guy.

Demetrius Williams MAY be that guy, but he's not a #1 receiver.

NOW, that said let me throw this back in the mix. We're about to change the offensive system by what could be leaps and bounds. I'm curious if that change in the system is going to be something that benefits any of our current QB's (yes, Boller too).

I'm ALSO though wondering if that means a change in how the wide receivers play and their routes, and if that also uncovers what D-Will and Mark Clayton can actually do.

On of the things a new HC, a new OC, and a slew of fresh coaches, at the same time bring; is a fresh offensive scheme. I think this may clear the slate all the way around. We'll see.

:happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim

I actually believe DWill can be a #1 receiver - the guy has great hands, and great leaping ability! I also believe, if given the chance, that Smith can be the no 1 QB - great arm, to complement the deep game. Bottom line, I think Cam can utilize current in-house talent to meet his offensive goals. However, I feel we really need a #1 Right Tackle - that's No Uno on my draft list!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

First, nice hire. I don't expect him to transform the offense into some juggernaut but a top 1/2 or top 1/3 offense would be great.

Second, does he know that airlines fly from BWI to SD?

"Cameron, 46, spent a couple of hours at Ravens headquarters yesterday before driving cross-country to pick up his family in San Diego, but he should have a familiarity with the team."

Sun article

I believe on the radio yesterday Cam said he had never been to Owings Mills and seen the Palace or the Castle so I don't think that part is accurate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I actually believe DWill can be a #1 receiver - the guy has great hands, and great leaping ability! I also believe, if given the chance, that Smith can be the no 1 QB - great arm, to complement the deep game. Bottom line, I think Cam can utilize current in-house talent to meet his offensive goals. However, I feel we really need a #1 Right Tackle - that's No Uno on my draft list!
    I agree with what you wrote, except the RT part.....I still think they'd like to get Chris Long in the first because he can make an immediate impact. Constant pressure on a QB makes the rest of the D look fantastic.....

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post

Wow... you have weird views. So Troy can be it, DWiL can be it, but Yanda and Gaither both suck? Or Yanda and Terry... Terrry sucks at RT but he's a reasonably good LT. Yanda performed reasonably at art last year and IMO Gaither "could" be a beast on either side. If we are looking at offensive needs, I would rate them about opposite of you... QB, WR, C, RB, TE, RT, G, FB

9. Re: Cameron is in!

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I agree that Cameron alone is not going to transform the offense overnight, because we clearly need some personnel upgrades, but it's still a good hire. He is not going to be a miracle worker but we needed an OC, and he's as good as there was out there.

I'm happy with this move. I'm interested now to see who the DC is going to be.
    Kudos to the first person to beat me to it.

No doubt Cameron will bring in a fresh perspective on offense. But, better execution and personnel will help the offense as well. Esp. from the Quarterback position. There is no magic formation. But, not passing on 3rd and 1 is a start.