Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cameron is in!

Re: Cam Cameron New OC

This whole thing reminds me of the Eddie Murphy joke where he talks about eating a Ritz cracker for the first time after not eating for a long time and comparing that to not having sex. We've been deprived of Offense for so long that we are salivating after a guy who hasn't won any playoff games and just led his last team to a 1-15 record.

lol at the guy who said he only lost by a few points in some of the games at Miami.

2. Re: Cameron is in!

Cameron has developed two more young quarterbacks than Billick ever did - Brees and Rivers - though they were both high picks. San Diego also had no receivers worth speaking about. Is Mike Solari (developed the KC line that blew Ray Ray away) still out there? If so grab him now!

Re: Cameron is in!

I like Rivera.

I am interested to see who he would like besides Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    This whole thing reminds me of the Eddie Murphy joke where he talks about eating a Ritz cracker for the first time after not eating for a long time and comparing that to not having sex. We've been deprived of Offense for so long that we are salivating after a guy who hasn't won any playoff games and just led his last team to a 1-15 record.

lol at the guy who said he only lost by a few points in some of the games at Miami.
    They lost ti Pitt, Giants, and Redskins three playoff teams by three points with cleo lemon at QB, sorry your right Cameron is a real bad coach!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Cameron had 2 legit studs at SD last year...LT and Gates...and they led the AFC in scoring. His QB was basiclly a rookie and they had subpar WRs.

We don't need to be that good...not even close. All he needs to do is install a system that gets the most from Heap, QB and Willis. A liitle improvement at OL and WR I think is within his reach.

I have no doubt the guy knows how to call plays and make adjustments at 1/2 time...neither of which Billick ever proved he could do.

Welcome Cam...I hope to see you holdiing the Lombardi trophy in a few years...but I will settle for a playoff win.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Losac
    From the PFT rumor mill? You need a better source than that.
    Yeah, those guys never get anything right.

This sounds like a good hire -- crummy HC but good OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post

Here is how much of Joke Cam is. I will take this any day, in 9 seasons Billick never came close.

Before coaching the Miami Dolphins, Cameron spent five seasons orchestrating the San Diego Chargers’ explosive offense. The Chargers led the NFL in scoring in 2006 and finished third and fifth in that category in 2004 and 2005, respectively. Over those three seasons (2004-2006), the Chargers amassed 1,256 points, a figure surpassed only by the Indianapolis Colts (1,388 points.)

*Cameron is universally respected as one of the top quarterback tutors in the game. Entering 2007, four of Cameron’s last five starting QBs went on to earn Pro Bowl or collegiate All-American selection – Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Antwaan Randle El, and Gus Frerotte. (Note: In 2007, Cameron was forced to start three different QBs due to injuries.)

*Under Cameron’s guidance, QB Philip Rivers posted a 14-2 record in his first season as a starter, tying the second-best record by a QB in his first 16 starts. Cameron’s play-calling also helped Chargers’ RB LaDainian Tomlinson earn the Associated Press Most Valuable Player honors in 2006, when he led the league in rushing with a team record 1,815 yards and set single season NFL records for most total touchdowns (31) and most rushing touchdowns (28).

*In 2005, Cameron’s offense produced a 3,500-yard passer (Brees), a 1,000-yard rusher (Tomlinson), and a 1,000-yard receiver (Gates), only the second time in Charger team history to accomplish such a feat and the first time since 1981.

*In 2004, Cameron was named NFL Offensive Assistant Coach of the Year by SportsIllustrated.com for molding one of the most potent offensive units in the league. The Chargers tallied 446 points and earned QB Drew Brrees Comeback Player of the Year, Most Improved Player of the Year, and Pro Bowl honors.

Section 126, Row 33

Is Cameron bringing a legit QB and a legit #1 WR with him?

I've got no problem at all with the hire.

But let's not forgot what he's got to work with here.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

PP
    I agree but this team does not seem to different then the team in SD he had to work with. We have better WR's then they did, and I would also say he made Drew into the QB he is now, maybe he can do the same for Troy or a QB we bring in through the draft or FA.

Section 126, Row 33

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I agree but this team does not seem to different then the team in SD he had to work with. We have better WR's then they did, and I would also say he made Drew into the QB he is now, maybe he can do the same for Troy or a QB we bring in through the draft or FA.
    You really think this offense is similar to SDs?

They had the best RB and TE in the game.

Look, I like McGahee and all but he's not in LT's league (although LT showed the heart of a kitten on Sunday).

Gates is in a league of his own. No TE is close to him.

We have better WRs then they did? Who? We've got an aging Mason who couldn't crack 10 ypc. We've got Clayton who when he can get on the field simply disappears and isn't nearly the playmaker we thought he would be. Williams could turn into a decent WR but we still have yet to see it consistently. SD's WR corps over the years hasn't been stellar, but then again, neither has ours.

And I won't even begin to discuss the differences in the offensive lines.

I like the hire.

But he's got decidedly less talent as of now with the way the Ravens roster is currently structured then he did in SD.

I really don't think that's debatable.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    We have better receivers than San Diego? That's news to me. True we have a guy with 1000 catches, but his yard for catch is similar to many RBs yards per carry.

Drew Brees was very Bollerish his first couple years in the league. Maybe he can turn Boller into a Brees type thing. Of course the funny thing is that we damn near could have had Brees for what we paid McNair.

Let's also remember that San Diego has a line that is 10x better than ours, the best running back in the game, and the best TE in the game (he actully plays through pain as well)

I'm not against the Cameron hire. I'm just saying that coaching and coordinating are not what's wrong with our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

PP
    Oh how right you are, PP! We need some horses on Offense, and not just McGahee and our currently bench-ridden Pro Bowl TE. We need a #1 WR worse than politicians need an enima!